I added a URL on click of a button and did a preview using the keys 'F8' or 'F10', this works absolutely fine and I am able to open the specified link on Click of the button.
But when I publish and it opens in a browser (firefox, IE 7), On click of the same button URL doesnot open (there is no action performed when I click that button but Captivate runs further without opening specified URL).
Please suggest a solution to this, I donot know where I am going wrong .
Thanks for your help in advance,
Please try what is outlined in the link below and see if things improve.
Why the concern? Are you placing your Captivate content on a server? If so, your worries are unfounded. This only happens when you run the Captivate locally as you are in a different zone from the Flash Player perspective. From a server all should be well with no issues.
If, however, you are running from CD-ROM, you do have a concern but there is a workaround that involves installing a lightweight server on the CD.
Hi Rick, I am running into this same type of issue. My project is saved on a Network Drive though. Here are the specifics.
I am using Captivate 4 and Flash Player version 9
Project is saved on a shared network location that everyone in our company has access to
I added a button with the following settings:
The URL is to our Company Intranet. I have used it in Microsoft Office files, emails, etc with no issues.
When I preview (F8) the slide and click the button it opens IE6 to the web page specified in the link.
When I publish the content (to the shared network drive) as an SWF (see screen shot below) and run the video to that slide and click the button nothing happens. I hear the "click" sound confirming that I did click the button but nothing else happens.
Any other ideas?
Please try what is outlined in the link below and see if the issue is resolved. If it is, you will likely need to perform the same steps on all PCs running the Captivate.
Hi Rick, I tried your suggestion with my Network drive and it didn't work... I got to thinking about the "browse" feature from the Adobe Flash Settings window and when choosing the folder my files were saved to, which filled in the folder location path to our corporate drive letter mappings literally, I remembered the pain I ran into trying to post the video a month ago. The fact that what appears in Windows Explorer to our corporate users as our N:\ drive is actually the file server name with the // in front so I edited the prior location in the Adobe Flash Settings and did a copy and paste over it with the proper full server/folder path. Oh my gosh, it worked!!!! Yeah!
I would have never tried anything beyond the first steps you shared had you not replied with the same steps after I gave the detail of my files being on the network. Now the fun part, getting my IT/Security staff here to approve this setting for a push to all corporate PCs.
Thanks so much Rick... You are AWESOME!
Happy to help!
If you can, see if your IT folks will allow you to store the files on an Intranet Web Server (If you have one - Most companies do). If your content was hosted on a Web server (as opposed to a network server) you wouldn't need to adjust the PC security settings because Web Servers are automatically in a *SAFE* zone. So this could save you some work.