Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Professional Will Not Start

Apr 9, 2009 6:54 PM

Good evening,

I had Adobe Professional 7.0 installed on my computer. A malware forced me to scrap the hard drive and replace it with a new one. After reinstalling Adobe Professional 7.0 Tryout (I have the activation code that I purchased after downloading the program about 3 years ago) I cannot start it. When I attempt to start it the mouse arrow turns into an hour glass for about 15 seconds and that's it. Nothing happens. I can't even enter my activation code because the program doesn't pop up on the screen.

I have Microsoft OneCare installed. The firewall permits acrobat.exe to access the Internet

I tried to download an update but I got a message saying the update could not be installed because the program wasn't found!

Any idea where the screwup is?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Job.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 9, 2009 7:02 PM   in reply to Job79

You should be turning off all anti-virus when installing including Microsoft's. To give you more help, please let us know what OS you are using.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 9, 2009 8:45 PM   in reply to Job79

You also should be logged in as the administrator I think. At least that is also worth a try.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2009 8:10 AM   in reply to Job79

You are using Adobe Professional 7.0 or Adobe Professional 7.0 Tryout?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2009 9:37 AM   in reply to Job79

Job79 wrote:

This computer is on a network. I am the only user and I have full administrator's privileges. It's got to be something else...

Being the only user with admin rights is not, as far as I know, the same as being the Administrator

I think you must log in as Administrator

Also... updates do not work on the demo program, only on registered versions

Once you get the program to install, and you use your number to register, you will be able to update

Apply all updates IN NUMBER ORDER
    Acrobat Update http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=1&platform= Windows

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2009 12:22 PM   in reply to Job79

I recommend you do a repair operation using the installation CD. If this does not work, you should uninstall Acrobat using the Windows Install Clean Up utiltity, reboot, and reinstall Acrcobat.

Good luck.

Ken Friedman

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2009 12:47 PM   in reply to kenifriedman

kenfriedman wrote:

I recommend you do a repair operation using the installation CD.

Unless I misunderstood the OP, he does not HAVE a CD

>have the activation code that I purchased after downloading the program about 3 years ago

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points