• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PRINTING PDF WITHOUT BACKGROUND COLORS

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2009 Apr 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have many pdf files to print and they all have background colors. I want to save on ink and would like to print just the text without the colored boxes in the background. I'm using acrobat 8. would appreciate your help.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I don't want the background, I typically just use the object touchup tool to delete the background. That may not be useful if you have a lot of pages. There is likely a script that can be used to delete the background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your reply- however i do have many files to print and its just too much work. I was hoping that maybe there's a "print text only" or "no BG colors" comand hiding somewhere. didnt find it in the print menu, any ideas?

thanks so much.

1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2009 Apr 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you authored the original PDF then you can use layers: like a gray layer set as non-printable and another layer containing all printable objects.

In Acrobat you can use the Background tool (Document >Background) to add a gray (non-printable) background in your PDF.

Also, the Print menu does have the option to "Print color as black".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2009 Apr 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2009 Apr 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FYI - Acrobat 9 Pro. has a Preflight Profile that will move text to a separate layer in the PDF, which means you can turn off the other layers and only print the text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines