Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Translator load error - ICERegions.htm & Server Model SSI.htm

Apr 14, 2009 2:23 PM

I recently updated my Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 installation (of Adobe CS4 Design Premium) using your auto update feature.  About a day later I was working in APP DEVELOPER PLUS Mode and noticed a couple lines of text had changed color in the document.  I changed focus to the code view and navigated to these sections of code and noticed an unusual "font" element surrounding each of the modified inner text.

Shortly after changing focus back to the design pane a modal alert dialog appeared with the following text:

"The following translators were not loaded due to errors:  ICERegions.htm:  has configuration information that his invalid.  Server Model SSI.htm:  has configuration information that is invalid." (see image below)

dreamweaver_troubleshoot1.gif

What does this error mean ( I do not see any connection with javascript).

Brett

ps --

My system consists of the following elements:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8500, 3.16 GHz

Memory:  2048 MB

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 14, 2009 3:34 PM   in reply to bhcastel

That type of problem normally indicates a corrupt Dreamweaver file cache. Try troubleshooting step #4 in the following technote: http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_19105.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2009 4:05 PM   in reply to bhcastel

If you have used DW since it was installed then you must have these files.  Please consult the link Dave gave you and look again using the path mentioned there.  The folder is normally HIDDEN, so you will have to make it visible first.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 14, 2009 5:57 PM   in reply to bhcastel

No.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2009 4:23 AM   in reply to MurraySummers

To be fair to the OP, this information is very hard to find via search, I only found it after sorting the results by name and once I found it it was located in a completely different folder.

The link David Powers linked to was the correct solution to fix the problem but the information in it is out of date and doesnt contain any info on where the dat file is located within CS4 making finding this file nothing more than a guessing game.

This is the folder it is supposed to be in with Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 on a Windows XP machime:

C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS4\en_US\Configuration\SiteCache\

Perhaps someone from Adobe should update the page with the above updated information, the information on that page is definitely correct, its just not useful due to its age.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2009 4:34 AM   in reply to Dave30000

Dave30000 wrote:

To be fair to the OP, this information is very hard to find via search

It shouldn't be any more. Did you try looking in this forum's Dreamweaver FAQ? The up-to-date answer is in JavaScript and other unexpected errors.

The Dreamweaver FAQ has been there since early May, but very few people bother to check it. That's why a notice was recently added to the top of the forum, urging people to check the FAQ before asking questions. There are also instructions on how to display the Useful Links. It would be better if the Useful Links displayed automatically on every page, but that's a limitation of the forum software. I'm not sure how much clearer things can be made.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2010 7:58 AM   in reply to David_Powers

I just wanted to let people know that may be experiencing the same error that I was also having this issue. To resolve it try the steps below.

1) Close Dreamweaver CS4

2) Navigate to:
    C:\Documents and Settings\ [UserName] \Application Data\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS4\ [Language] \Configuration

3) Rename (I don't like to delete things just encase I need them later for any reason):

WinFileCache-[digits].dat to WinFileCache-[digits]-old.dat

4) Start Dreamweaver CS4

The issue was gone and no longer accured in 4 simple steps. It also started happening after a recent update.

It was happening throughout coding, when I loaded a file, and when I saved a file. Hopefully this helps someone, thanks for all the advice above me!

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2010 11:37 PM   in reply to whatsthisboxfor

THANK YOU! whatsthisboxfor

Your 4 simple steps solution is the one which works!

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 10, 2010 9:31 AM   in reply to whatsthisboxfor

Thanks for the solution , I had a same problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2011 7:54 PM   in reply to bhcastel

oh thank you everyone for posting this!!! big help those 4 steps ....

Bless your hearts!

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 28, 2011 12:31 PM   in reply to whatsthisboxfor

Hi! but it seems there's no such file! i can't find it!

Running XP service pack 3

Please help !

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 10, 2011 3:54 AM   in reply to whatsthisboxfor

Whatsthisboxfor . . . If I could get hold of u I could kiss u! Perfect answer to my problem, worked a treat.

BUT .... I had to follow a slightly different path to find the WinFileCache[digits].dat file.

For me, it was: Desktop/[My Name]/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Dreamweaver CS4/en_US/Configuration/WinFileCache[digits].dat

Because I'd tried reinstalling Dreamweaver, I also had 4 folders called 'Configuration' - Configuration, then Configuration 1, 2 and 3. I renamed the .dat to old.dat in all 4 and only when I did this did it work

Brilliant!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 5, 2011 9:24 AM   in reply to whatsthisboxfor

Brilliant! Why couldn't Adobe help make it this easy!

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 30, 2012 9:29 AM   in reply to bhcastel

Wonderful. That finally worked for me too. Been dealing with this for weeks! On a Mac it is MacFileCache-digits.dat. Fo some reason a search for .dat did not locate it. Path is HD - Users - YourName - Library - Application Support - Adobe - DreamWeaver CS4 - en_US (language) - Configuration.

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    May 11, 2012 8:21 AM   in reply to whatsthisboxfor

it happend also in Dreamweaver cs5.5

and it the similar answer for Windows 7:

C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS(any version)

just rename this folder o delete and start again the dreamweaver and the problem is gone, dont worry about the configuration sites, this folder doesnt have this info.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2013 1:48 AM   in reply to whatsthisboxfor

Fantastic, had this issue this morning, whish I'd discovered this thread before I removed my plugins

On Vista the path is:

C:\Users\{user}\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS4\en_US\Configuration

renamed the WinCFileCache-{number}.dat and all was good with the world

Many thanks

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers