Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Trying to convert .pdf to URL

Apr 17, 2009 4:33 AM

Hi,

I've created an ebook-type presentation that was created using Open Office and then converted to .pdf. I can access the .pdf file on my computer, but I can't find anything that explains how you can upload the .pdf to a web page or even just share it with people outside of an e-mail. Is there any way to convert a .pdf to a URL?

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 17, 2009 9:25 AM   in reply to Arianna902

You can use Acrobat.com to both create a URL for your PDF and also to share the file in a web page.

If you haven't already, you'll want to start by visiting www.acrobat.com and creating an account. Next, upload the PDF you want to share to My Files. Once uploaded to Acrobat. com, you can copy the link for an open access document and then share that document with anyone.

Here are detailed instructions for Sharing options with Acrobat.com:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Acrobat.com/Acrobat/WS6A3F8615-C9E9-4354-A 0AA-BE9F52011DC9.html

Please let me know if you have additional questions after reviewing the information.

Thanks for using Acrobat.com!

Michelle

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 19, 2009 1:43 PM   in reply to Arianna902

I tried experimenting with what you're asking by uploading a pdf to a webserver through ftp (I pay $10 a month for a gigabyte of webhosting) and that worked, all you have to do is go to the url. Problem being, obviously, is we still do not know how to do this with acrobat.com Maybe if you know someone with a server you can ask to upload it to a url and they will be kind enough to let you

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 20, 2009 12:50 PM   in reply to ColdnessCalms

Thank you for offering another solution. Acrobat.com is an online service, and we don't currently have a function to let you publish the PDF to another space. Will bring this up with the team for possible inclusion in a future release.

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2011 11:33 AM   in reply to Arianna902

we are trying to get a uploadable link

to post on twitter and facebook from a .pdf file ?

any ideas??

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points