Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Hyperlinks not working in Presenter

Sep 11, 2008 10:29 AM

I am using Adobe Presenter 7 with PowerPoint 2007. I use hyperlinks from one slide to another in the same presentation to create branching scenarios. If I publish using the PPTX format of the PowerPoint presentation, these hyperlinks work correctly. If I publish using the PPT format of the PowerPoint presentation, hyperlinks do not work at all.

(I would prefer to use the PPTX format, but I am finding that there are other drawbacks to that format - animations not working properly, table text is illegible, etc.)

Is anyone else able to use hyperlinks between slides successfully in a PPT format?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 12, 2008 2:03 AM   in reply to D._Fair
    This is the exact same problem we are having with email links. The pptx format exports emails links that work, but if you export a ppt file from v7 of Presenter the links do not work. The drawback again with pptx, is the formating of the text etc in the exported version, you vcan hardly read some if it and it is simple Arial size 12.
    If anyone has any ideas? I think this is bug which should be reported.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 14, 2008 10:08 PM   in reply to D._Fair
    I am also using Adobe Presenter 7 with Powerpoint 2007 , i tried hyperlinks from one slide to another and it is working for both PPT and PPTX

Though email hyperlink are working for PPTX only

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 14, 2008 11:05 PM   in reply to D._Fair
    You can try the following :

1)Try on a new PPT rather than coming fro PPTX to PPT
    or
    2)Insert hyperlink after presentation(PPTX) has been saved as PPT
    or
    3)Select those hyperlinks in PPT in Powerpoint and right click and select Edit hyperlink and click OK in that window and then publish .

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 27, 2008 12:17 PM   in reply to D._Fair
    I have an issue where links don't work - but it's only links in text boxes that have formatting.

So if I add a text box, put some text and a link it, and publish - the links work fine.

If I then add a shadow effect to that text box, and then publish ... the links stop working.

I've spoken with Adobe Platinum Support about this issue. The "workaround" is to not format the text box.

My (only slightly improved) workaround is to create a text box with no text in it. Apply all of your formatting (like shadow) to it. Then create a text box with no formatting, and add your text to that. Put the unformatted text over the formatted text box.

It's not an elegant workaround as it creates extra work, but it's the only way I can think of to get links working in what looks like a formatted text box.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 14, 2008 1:56 PM   in reply to leo_leo
    I have tried the suggestions here, and I still can't get any links to work going from either PPT or PPTX to Presenter 7. I need to be able to send students to various websites from the course.

This is getting very frustrating, if anyone has figured this out I would love to hear it ;-)

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 15, 2008 5:12 AM   in reply to leo_leo
    quote:

Originally posted by: leo_leo
    You can try the following :

1)Try on a new PPT rather than coming fro PPTX to PPT
    or
    2)Insert hyperlink after presentation(PPTX) has been saved as PPT
    or
    3)Select those hyperlinks in PPT in Powerpoint and right click and select Edit hyperlink and click OK in that window and then publish .

Hey It's Work!!!. Thank Man..

Merrill

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2012 11:58 AM   in reply to D._Fair

Seriously, after all this time and we still can't get hyperlinks to work after publication????  I have tried the suggestions here and nothing is working.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2012 12:25 PM   in reply to D._Fair

According to technical support, Presenter does not have the ability to do hyperlinks.  The hyperlinks you insert in a PowerPoint document is a PowerPoint function and does not work in Presenter.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2012 2:27 PM   in reply to JPericich

Note that Support is wrong. Embedded links to HTTP address (URLs) or pages within the same 'stack' do work, at least in my (and others') experience.

Once issue may be if you're running the published presentation locally, watch for the Flash Player security warning/dialog...you may have to 'Allow' it for the hyperlinks to work... Otherwise, I defer to the other suggestions here for workarounds.

Erik

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 8, 2012 2:32 PM   in reply to Erik Lord

Yes, Support did get back to me and gave me instructions for changing the security setting on Flash.  Following are the steps:

1. Go to http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/se ttings_manager04.html
    2. Select Global Security Settings panel from the Settings Manager list.
    3. In the picture select the radio button for Always allow
    4. Click the down arrow next to Edit locations…  and select Add locations
    5. Click the browse for folder button and navigate to your C:\Users\Documents

After doing these steps my hyperlinks worked after publication.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points