• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you Suppress registration and updates in FrameMaker 9?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2009 Apr 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone figured out how to suppress udpates and registratrion?  In version 8 you were able to create a application.override.xml that suppress these settings.   I know about the silent install option but none of the swtiches address updates or registration. Any idea or help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 26, 2009 May 26, 2009

Thanks for reporting back.

On XP systems this file is located at C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Adobe\com.adobe.367.ALL.registration

Note: the number [367] seems to vary by installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2009 Apr 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For surpressing the automatic updates, I believe that you have to turn of the Automatic Updater just like in the CS suite products. See this technote for more info: http://www.adobe.com/go/kb408711

Other then telling FM to never register the first time it prompts, I don't know how to turn this off in FM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2009 Apr 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link.  I never knew you could do that with the update via a reg key.  I have always disabled it via the command line during installation.   The problem with the registration is that I will be implementing frameMaker on 4000+ laptops and I don't want users to see registration at all.  I wonder if it the maker.ini is what starts the registration process. Any other things you can think of to check?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it's in the maker.ini. I suspe t that it's hidden in the Registry as well. I know that the CS suite has a setting that you can drill down to to toggle the DWORD between 0,1,2 to adjust the Registration prompts to not registered, later or never (or something like that - search the knowledgebase for this)

Have you tried tech support? Installation issues for so many seats should be supported - you may have to ask to go to the next level of support, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will see if I can find that in the registry I think you are right.  If I find I will post.

I really am not a fan of Adobe tech support.  Usually get more answers from the forums. Those who actually use it seem to be more knowledgeable.   I work at a university where all the students have laptops.  We don't actually use seat licensing.  We use concurrent licensing in combination with Sassafras Keyserver.  We own 25 lics of Framemaker but deploy via image to 4000+ laptops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2009 May 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The name of the file that changes when you click "Don't ask Again" to suppress registering FrameMaker 9 software is "com.adobe.30.ALL.registration".  Just replace the file on new install before launching frramemaker 9 for the first time.  On Vista this file can be located at C:\Users\"User account"\AppData\Roaming\Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2009 May 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for reporting back.

On XP systems this file is located at C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Adobe\com.adobe.367.ALL.registration

Note: the number [367] seems to vary by installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines