Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

problem installing CS4 update

Apr 21, 2009 5:34 PM

I've been emailing back and forth with Adobe support but no solution to this yet.

I don't think the person I'm speaking with quite understands my problem (!)

After not being able to install the CS4 updates, I uninstalled all my adobe programs, and searched thru registry to remove any adobe refererences

I can install the CS4 programs (I have the Production Premiere package), but my monitor card says I need to update to the latest version of CS4 premierePro 4.0.1 (If I'm not mistaken)

I downloaded the update zip file on my "internet computer", transfered it to my "editing computer" via a memory stick. When I open the zip file, I see a setup.exe file, which I would think should get things going. But it freezes (this program has stopped responding).

anyone else have this problem??? am I going about the installation wrong? do I need some kind of Updater Program (which I've read on here may also be causing some problems)

any help is appreciated.

I'm using a Dell winXP SP3 with plenty of Ram, speed and hard dirve space.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 21, 2009 5:43 PM   in reply to kirm99

I'm sure that you have already addressed this, but I have to ask. Once the ZIP file has been transferred to your editing machine, you have Extracted it, including any folder structure, before Dbl-clicking the .EXE, right?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 21, 2009 8:53 PM   in reply to kirm99

Bob,

Great to hear that it worked. I've been there before and just assumed that I had Extracted, when I had not.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)