Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Cannot Copy and Paste in Adobe Acrobat Version 9 Standard

Apr 21, 2009 7:28 PM

I just bought a new computer and with it I purchased Adobe Acrobat Version 9 Standard.  In the past I used previous version of Acrobat standard and professional to create drawings and to copy and paste my engineering seal on my structural calculations.  I am having (2) problems.  The first is when I try to copy and paste my seal from a PDF file, it does not work in Version 9.  I use the snap shot tool.  Please try the attached file using Version 9.  It works in Version 8 Standard and Version 7 professional.

The second is when I try to printing from AutoDesk products.  I had the problem of when I would print a PDF from AutoCAD it would sooo big.  To work around that, I started using Autodesk Reviewer and creating my PDFs from an Autodesk DWF file.  WIth Version 9, I now having the file size problem with the DWF files.  It is about 5 times larger than the DWF and the qualtiy is terrible.  I was able to create a PDF from a DWF from Version 7 and 8 without these problems.

Attachments:

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 21, 2009 11:29 PM   in reply to Psuhoo

On the second problem, how are you creating the PDF from DWF - printing to Adobe PDF printer from AutoDesk software?

Acrobat Professional provides a way to convert DWG/DWF to PDF which are richer in quality and smaller in size. You might want to take the trial version and see if that works for you.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 22, 2009 9:39 PM   in reply to Psuhoo

It has been a part of Acrobat for a while now but DWF was added in Acrobat 8, I believe. As far as older versions are concerned, the version of AutoCAD you have matters. See: http://blogs.adobe.com/pdfitmatters/2008/12/version_compatibility_of_a crob.html. In addition, AutoCAD 2009 is supported in Acrobat 9.1.

I would recommend downloading a trial copy of Acrobat and see if it meets your requirements.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points