Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

ACROBAT CANNOT LOAD IT'S CORE DLL - ACROBAT CANNOT LOAD IT'S CORE DLL

Apr 30, 2009 3:10 PM

Is there a person who works for Adobe answering questions in THEIR own forum about THEIR own software? If so, why hasn't an employee of Adobe answered this question about the core dll not loading? It certainly appears there are a lot of Adobe CUSTOMERS who are experiencing this issue and is worthy of some time from an Adobe employee to get it resolved!

ACROBAT CANNOT LOAD IT'S CORE DLL

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 30, 2009 3:16 PM   in reply to UMC-IT

P A R L A T E     I T A L I ANO     NON CAPISCO  N U L L A

DEVO ISTALLARE ADOBE RADAR E ANCHE FLASH PLAYER GIA SCARICATI

EFFETTUATI DEVO SOLO APRIRE TUTTE LE PORTE PER I COLLEGAMENTI

E NON CAPISCO COME FARE,

PURTROPPO HO SCRICATO IN INGLESE E NON ITALIANO.

AIUTO AIUTO AIUTO

SALUTI ANNA BURGARELLA

2009/5/1, UMC-IT <forums@adobe.com>:

>

Is there a person who works for Adobe answering questions in THEIR own forum

about THEIR own software? If so, why hasn't an employee of Adobe answered

this question about the core dll not loading? It certainly appears there are

a lot of Adobe CUSTOMERS who are experiencing this issue and is worthy of

some time from an Adobe employee to get it resolved!

>

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 30, 2009 6:29 PM   in reply to UMC-IT

If you could be a little bit more specific about your error and environment, maybe somebody could help you.

|
    Mark as:
    May 6, 2009 7:54 AM   in reply to UMC-IT

Ummm...  if 500,000 Acrobat installations were falling dead with the same issue, then it might be Adobe's problem to "fix."  Otherwise, it is yours, and the question for you becomes, "how?"

The first place that I would look is in the Event Viewer, which is one of the Administrative Tools and which might require Administrator-level access.  When a Windows call fails in some unexpected way (such as one that might cause a message as cryptic as this one), Windows probably makes an entry in the error-log.

It would also be useful to know if any other applications have become similarly unstable at about the same time.

I do not generally find it useful to blame such things on the usual knee-jerk assumption, "it must be a virus."  Taking for granted that of course you are not running your Windows box as an Administrator ... ... that really won't be much of a likely possibility.  There is something that is causing a LoadLibrary() API call to fail, under conditions that ought never to occur.  The Event Viewer is your most likely source of useful, factual information about what might be going on in your system(s).

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 17, 2009 10:26 AM   in reply to UMC-IT

So you have a problem with Acrobat? Then why you post in the Adobe Reader forum?

If you'd follow the proper support channels, maybe you would get some help...

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2009 7:31 AM   in reply to Pat Willener

So, you're a funny guy? Search for this error on the internet and you'll see a lot of people experiencing it with Acrobat and Reader, it doesn't matter, same core dll!

If you can't answer the question, stay outta the forum!

|
    Mark as:
    May 10, 2009 7:22 AM   in reply to luvwknd

What is your install directory.

|
    Mark as:
    May 17, 2009 2:26 AM   in reply to UMC-IT

Hey, I have the reg key they have mentioned. Are you sure you dont have the key as highlighted in my attached screen shot.

Attachments:

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 23, 2009 4:11 PM   in reply to UMC-IT

im having the same problem. when ever i try to open my Adobe Reader 9 it says Acrobat failed to loads its Core DLL and when ever i try to open PDF files on the internet it doesent let me. Ive tried reinstalling Adobe Reader 9 but it doesn't let me reinstall it and it says Error. So can someone please tell me what is wrong with my Adobe Reader 9.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 17, 2009 10:26 AM   in reply to Shelzza4

And have you tried any of the repair methods that are mentioned in the various topics that you have posted in?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2009 8:11 PM   in reply to UMC-IT

It appears I've arrived to the party a bit late. Today, I responded to an Adobe Update window to update my Adobe 8 product contained in the CS3 that I own. I should preface I've never had an issue with the CS3 products other than a simple, quickly fixed glitch in Dreamweaver. However, after this "udpate" I continue to get, not only the "Acrobat cannot load it's core dll" message, but it's followed by this dilly.

"The instruction at "0x5a9288a4" referred to memory at "0x5a9288a4". The memory could not be "written". Click OK to terminate program.

Thinking that perhaps the update skunked something up, I got out my CS3 master disk and "repaired" the installation. That did nothing to solve the problem. Then I followed the instructions posted by UMC-1 as provided by Adobe. Still the problem persists. Given that it comes on the heels of the Adobe Update, I'm sure it is no coincidence. I use Acrobat every single day and have never had this issue.

Has anyone else had this same failure scenario immediately following the Update? And, (fingers crossed) has anyone discovered a solution to get back to happy Acrobatting?

Thanks.

Mark

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 17, 2009 10:26 AM   in reply to RimshotMedia

This topic is still in the wrong (Adobe Reader) forum.  I do not mind that; I merely point out that you guys had a better chance of a helpful reply if it was posted in the correct (Acrobat) forum.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 13, 2009 12:38 PM   in reply to Pat Willener

I get the exact same error messages using Adobe Reader 9.2.  I tried "repairing" it, uninstalling and reinstalling from Adobe website and still get same error.  It appears it's both an Adobe and Adobe Reader issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 16, 2009 1:54 AM   in reply to UMC-IT

I think I might have found something here. Can you guys check if you have proper permissions over acrobat.dll file. I found that if you don't have enough permissions then this error is seen. For example say you're an standard user and access permissions are set only for 'Admin' and 'system' then this error is thrown.

Hope this helps.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 16, 2009 2:17 PM   in reply to kashifMohd

Thing is, why would it work for the last 4-5 years and only now start having problems?

I'll check out it though.

I have found that Fixit does work just as well to read .pdf files and it seems faster too.

Thanks for the reply.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 17, 2009 1:59 AM   in reply to puna01

Until and unless you are not a power user of PDF and need a PDF viewer just to open a few simple PDF files any 3rd party reader would do. But if you need enhanced functionality then in my opinion a brand is a brand

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 17, 2009 6:27 PM   in reply to UMC-IT

I wonder where you found Adobe Reader 9.3...?  (Not seriously; just "trolling".)

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 9, 2010 1:57 AM   in reply to UMC-IT

Well, solved problem by myself.  I've got the problem under a simple user, and it was not there under administrator users.  So, I first cleared the %appdata% in that user, then the registry keys pointed out here, and nothing helped.  Afterwards, I uninstalled and reinstalled the application and it didn't help exactly out.  But, I noticed that there was a little problem with securities in the C:\Program Files\Adobe folders and sub folders so I just re-applied the securities for "users" to be able to run and see content from that folder, and re-applied to all files and sub-folders.  That worked.

Cya

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2011 3:58 PM   in reply to renegromersch

SOLVED FOR ADOBE READER X

Per Adobe's support function, I went to the Control Panel, and clicked the choice to delete or uninstall.

Then found Adobe Reader, and selected CHANGE (not remove)  Adobe repaired the situation by

downloading a whole boatload of subparts, presumablY including the wandering CORE.DLL, and maybe

resetting some adjustables.

Adobe Reader X works just fine now, thank you.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 2, 2011 12:16 PM   in reply to UMC-IT

I am seeing this error going from 9.4.3 to 9.4.4.  We deploy via group policies on an internal network.

I've tried the following:

Ran Repair from add/remove programs

No change.  Same error.

Uninstall 9.4.4

This results in 9.4.4 being redeployed in a manor that creates the entry in Add/Remove Programs without actually installing anything.  Not very helpful.

Recreate the 9.4.4 install from 9.4.0 and applying the patches one by one deploying each step along the way...

... (1/2 a day later) and I'm no further along  than when I started.

9.4.3 works

9.4.4 doesn't work.

Reset all of the permissions for Adobe directory in Program Files giving Users Full Control access.

No change.

Disable Symantec and run repair again.

No change.

Might try recreating the transform file.  Any other ideas???

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 6, 2011 7:02 AM   in reply to doesterr@comcast.net

Still unable to get 9.4.4 to work.

I've recreated my transform, removed, and redeployed GPO.  Still get the same error.

Removed GPO deployment and ran the msi manually without the transform and I still get the same error.  I downloaded foxit and installed, and now I don't have the problem anymore.

So it would seem the best (and only) solution would be to just ditch adobe.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 28, 2011 10:51 AM   in reply to Pat Willener

I try to save a page on a website to a folder on my computer using Adobe Reader X. When I click in my list of printers Adobe PDF Writer and click PRINT I get the error message that the Core DLL can not be loaded or is missing.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 2, 2013 8:15 PM   in reply to UMC-IT

Kind of an old post but I've got a work-around for this issue.  I ran procmon to see what Adobe Reader was up to and for some reason it is trying to look at the root of C:\ for it's DLL files.  Copy C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader X.X\reader\ all files, not the folders from here to C:\.  Adobe reader will work fine.  Still looking into why Reader is looking in C:\.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2013 9:16 PM   in reply to NeemobeerX

I have spent about 3 hours trying to get version 10 or 11 to work.  Everything was fine until i allowed auto-update to screw it up.  After that, every PDF document gave me error "Core DLL can not be loaded".  I tried permission changes, control panel repairs, uninstall/reinstall older, etc.  The one that worked was copying ALL files from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 10.0\Reader" to C:\.  Tried doing just .dll files, but that didn't work.  Seems like a silly thing for Adobe to screw up the target location.

Thanks to NeemobeerX for taking time to post.  You da man.  Drink up.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2013 10:16 PM   in reply to DR Orner

A friend of mine had this problem.  Turned out he had a rootkit.  For those that don't know rootkits tend to modify important system dll's such as kernal32.dll, user32.dll, ntdll.dll and hal ntoskrnl.exe for starters.  This can cause all sorts of strange behavior.   try downloading and running GMER  http://www.gmer.net/  If it finds modifications you probably have a rootkit causing problems.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 16, 2013 1:03 PM   in reply to UMC-IT

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers