• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 10.37?

New Here ,
May 02, 2009 May 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several Web sites are insisting I download Flash Player 10.37 however, Adobe's web site's latest is 10.0.22.87.

Is this some kind of malware? Has anyone seen this?

Do a google search on adobe flash 10.37 and you'll see several examples.  Not one of the sites offering the download are Adobe run sites.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2009 May 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct about it being malware/Spyware. If you are ever unsure of the current version of Flash Player, always check with Adobe first. Any software that will be integrated into a browser for web content should be downloaded from the vendor and not a third party website.

Shawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2009 Jun 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I clicked on a web video saying it required Adobe Flash Player 10.37 to play and asked if I wanted to install it now.  Before clicking, my antivirus (Windows Live OneCare) detected a worm from the site and deleted it, then clicking to install did NOT redirect to Adobe (does ANYONE but Adobe have rights from Adobe to distribute their Flash Player?--all other Adobe download recommendations/requirements I have seen redirect you to Adobe website itself for download), and then, putting pieces together, I thought I would check Adobe to see what is the current version of F.P., especially since I thought I had my PC set up automatically to look for Adobe updates, knew I had fairly recently updated, and thought I had the latest version.  And Adobe's F.P. version on their site does not match = bastages making malware!!!  Yes a video link from a trusted friend of mine on facebook.  Not good.

WAY too much crud on the web!  Good luck staying safe!  Glad I have a good antivirus program!  I am too trusting of stuff!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 09, 2009 Jun 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, a few trojans like that have been circulating Facebook, MySpace, etc. for a few months now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2010 Nov 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

how can i remove it and can't these web sites be deleted or removed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2009 Jul 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the  AV alert from CA directly from the Adobe Website.  Since I am getting other files mark by the AV such net.exe, netsh.exe, verclsid.exe, and reg.exe, and MS is saying that these files have changed.  I am doubious that it is a flash alarm.

Is it possible that Adobe Flash Player 10.37 is infected ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2009 Jul 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Flash Player 10.37 doesn't exist. It's a trojan horse to put adware and spyware into your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines