• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any way to change language in Illustrator CS4? Help Needed!

New Here ,
May 04, 2009 May 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, my friend recently gave me CS4 versions of the five programs that I use the most from Adobe. They are Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Dreamweaver, and Fireworks. However, the programs he gave me are all in Chinese. Well, I searched on the web, and I found solutions for Photoshop and Dreamweaver, but I need Illustrator for an upcoming project and it would be best if it was CS4. I would like a solution for Flash and Fireworks, to, but the most important is Illustrator.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your friend "giving" you these apps is most likely a violation of the end user license agreement and illegal.

You should purchase what you need in the language you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would say they are Illegal as well and should be properly purchased cops for the region and language for which you are qualified.

I certainly hope you are not successful in your quest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2009 May 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I think I did not describe my problem very well. He bought a genuine copy of the CS4 Design Premium for me as a present. However, as I said, it was in Chinese and I can read English more quickly than I can read Chinese. The copy he bought for me was genuine, and was not counterfeit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2009 May 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might be able to get english to appear in the menus.

Go to the system preferences and to the international the icon with

the UN flag. Then under language the first tab choose English and

under the input menu you can also choose English.

I think you will need an english keyboard.

If that does not work then contact customer support and request to

make a transfer of your license to International English.

I think they have a way of doing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

--Jason-- wrote:

However, the programs he gave me are all in Chinese.

*lol* Then you should ask him what the other language versions cost on some street market in Beijing or Shanghai. I'm sure it's no more than 5 bucks. Seriously, this stinks from head to tail and expecting an "official" solution is asking too much. The neutral technical answer is: PS, AI, Flash and several other programs have never been multi-language enabled and will run in the language chosen during install or dictated by the serial number. Furthermore, install packs are region specific and an Asian version may not even contain English language files just like US American installer packages mayx not feature European languages. So, in so many words: You're out of luck unless you insstall the correct version. Where you get it is your own problem, but paying software developers for their work is not such a bad idea, after all, even if they are working for a biggy like Adobe...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What what mylenium means is have fun tonight, wang chung to tonight!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2010 Aug 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it might a bit too late but I have Flash English language pack, which you may just email me @ 751555749@qq.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 02, 2012 Dec 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello !

My name is stephane. I found that in ILLUSTRATOR, under "contents/windows" there is a .ZTX file.

If you rename this file to another thing ( ex : illustrator.ztx to illustrator2.ztx ), the illustrator will go back to ENGLISH !!!

Easy, if you have a french version that you want in english. Put the file back to it's original name and you're back to french.

Hope it was useful !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines