Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

FlippingBook Flash component

May 7, 2009 9:30 AM

Hi

I wonder if anyone on here has any experience of the above component (http://page-flip.com/demos.htm). It produces 'turning page' books from jpegs and I'm having problems with one aspect of it.

I've created a 'GO TO' button where the user can enter the page number that he or she wishes to visit. It all works beautifully, with one problem. The FlippingBook component is set to start at page '0'. This means that if the user enters '5' in the GO TO page box and clicks 'GO', he or she will be taken to page number 6, rather than 5, because what we are calling page 1, the component calls page 0.

I need to try and find a way around this, as if we're working on existing brochures with contents lists and index numbers, it is not feasible to just change all the page numbers. I would think that I need some code to tell the component to add a page to the number each time, but I'm not clear what the code should be or where it might be added.

Many thanks for any help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 7, 2009 9:37 AM   in reply to PaulBill

Your go to button code may be all you need to modify, though I can't be sure because I don't know what's commanding what where.  If nothing else, you could have a variable that gets set by the button who's value is dervied from the user input, and use that variable instead of the actual user input.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 11, 2012 5:39 AM   in reply to PaulBill

Hi,

I recently found a new flip book web site for creating flip books online. It is www.flip-book-online.com. You can also edit your flip books through the "Account" page!

Can you please share your opinions for this web site with me?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 8, 2012 8:17 AM   in reply to xrisoula

Am I mistaken or do they just provide the service with FlippingBook (www.flippingbook.com) software?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points