Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How to begin a successful freelance scripter career?

May 10, 2009 1:24 AM

Dear all,

Due to economic troubles in my country, the number of pages in the magazine a work for has reduced by half. As a result, I have less work, slashed salary, more free time and desire to occupy myself with what I really love to do – writing scripts. Since there exist people that develop scripts, I guess that people, who need scripts to be written for them and willing to pay for that, must exist somewhere as well.

Q #1: How to find them?

I browsed dozens of freelance sites, but found only one request to write a script for InDesign, back in 2008. I couldn't find even an appropriate category: something like scripting for InDesign, Photoshop, InCopy, etc.

Q #2: What are the rates for writing scripts? How such kind of work is rated: by hours, number of lines/characters?

Q #3: How to transfer money from country to country?

As far as I understand, the most popular way to pay online is PayPal, but it imposed restrictions in my country: we can send money, but can't receive them. Which money transfer system to choose: SWIFT, MoneyGram, Western Union, Contact, Unistream?

I would appreciate any advice on this subject because I really don't know where to start.

Kasyan

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 11, 2010 3:53 PM   in reply to Kasyan Servetsky

Hi Kasyan, are you still looking to do freelance scripting? We

are looking for someone to help us put together some scripts for Indesign and Photoshop. If you are still interested, let me know how I can contact you, thanks.

Amir

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points