• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Directory Watcher question

New Here ,
May 14, 2009 May 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am writing a directory watcher gateway for an automated process that dumps files into a directory that is a Windows share for our network.  I am having some trouble with partial files being pulled in, which we have mainly solved already.  My main question is just a check to make sure we are solving this safely.

Does acquiring a directory listing with cfdirectory cause file locking to occur in the directory being listed?

TOPICS
Event gateways

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2009 May 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you explain your issue a little more.  I am doing the same thing, moving some PDF files uplodaed via FTP from directory A to Directory B. I did a test yesterday with a lot of files only to find out that my script would load only 11 files at a time.  I am not using cfdirectory in my code though.  Just reading the PDf ielf to get it's mete data then moving and renaming it.  This all happens on my onChange and onAdd functions I set up in my directory watcher so it runs a file at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation