Skip navigation
jsl01
Currently Being Moderated

Acrobat 9 not opening to a full screen

May 20, 2009 4:16 AM

On occasion when opeing a PDF it does not open to a full screen. This happens sometimes even when there has been no reboot. But after I open the first PDF and resize it all of the other PDF's open to the full screen mode.

Is there a way to get it to open in a full screen each and every time I open it?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 20, 2009 4:19 AM   in reply to jsl01

Assuming we're talking about "full screen" and not maxmizing an OS window frame;  this is set up in the 'viewing' options of each PDF. It's an individual preference.

|
    Mark as:
    May 20, 2009 4:25 AM   in reply to jsl01

You have an option in the preferences of Acrobat as well as an override in the document preferences. A user can set a PDF to open in full-screen. The other comment about full-screen versus full-window is appropriate also. In any case, check your preference inf Acrobat and be aware that the individual PDF can override your preferences.

|
    Mark as:
    May 20, 2009 6:00 AM   in reply to jsl01

Your attachment is still in the queue. In the meantime, check your preferences at EDIT>Preferences>Page Display>Default Layout and Zoom, or similar location (varies with almost every version of Acrobat - this is for AA8). Mine are set to Automatic, but I can set the zoom to page width (I assume this is what you want).

The true full-screen is not an option of Acrobat, but the document. It is easy to open to full screen with a simple ctrl-L. To see the document properties, use ctrl-D and select the initial view tab. The layout and zoom is the same as the Acrobat preferences and I think override the preferences in Acrobat. For a Full Screen, you would use the Windows Options: Open in Full Screen mode -- don't think this is what you meant. Wording of what you are requesting can be important to get the right answer.

|
    Mark as:
    May 20, 2009 10:10 PM   in reply to jsl01

Hi Jsl,

This time the attachment has come through fine.

From the screenshot, it appears your definition of fullscreen is to open Acrobat in maximized mode.  Please confirm?

If yes, to re-solve this problem, you need to set the registy key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\9.0\SDI\bNullDocMaximized to 1

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2009 1:34 AM   in reply to jsl01

Fullscreen and maximized mode are two different things. You can force a PDF document to open in fullscreen mode. But you can't force a PDF document to open Acrobat or Reader in maximized mode.

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2009 2:46 AM   in reply to jsl01

I need it to maximize each time I open a ODF doc.

Not possible.

|
    Mark as:
    May 21, 2009 4:41 AM   in reply to jsl01

JSL,

Please confirm what do you mean by Resize on Open has a value of 0.?

The key is automatically set/reset by Acorbat based on the last mode Acrobat was closed.  e.g. if you close the Acrobat with maxmized mode, key will be set to 1 and if you close Acrobat with restore mode, key will be reset to 0.   Hope this helps,

Also, am assuming that you probably are opening your Pdfs programmatically and want them to always open maximized.  Correct? If yes, then you should programmatically set the key to 1 before opening the document as a workaround.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points