Skip navigation
Artur07
Currently Being Moderated

Importing MPEG-2, M2V in AE CS3

May 27, 2009 11:50 AM

Hi!

I have a lot of mod files, and i planned to work with Premiere Pro CS3 and After Effects CS3. Premiere can import and work with mod files if I demux them to m2v, but if i try to import the Premiere project file, or just import an m2c file, its not even visible in the import pop-up menu, and AF wont open them - but the help says the program supports all MPEG-2 and M2V videos.

What should I do? If i need a coded, where can i get it?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 27, 2009 11:56 AM   in reply to Artur07

Artur: Are you using a trial version? Some codecs are licensed from third parties and are not available in the trial version. Only a properly licensed version of AE includes those codecs.

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2009 5:27 AM   in reply to Artur07

Working on projects with trial versions is not a good idea, because trials always have limitations and you can't get proper support, so I hope that you were not on a professional gig with tight deadline.

BTW, i do recommend you (but that won't solve your problem) to dl the CS4 demo version, you'll at least get all the benefits from CS4 over CS3.

|
    Mark as:
    May 30, 2009 7:10 AM   in reply to Artur07

If you are a student, don't forget that you can have access to education licences for Adobe Products which are really cheap, like the full Production Premium for $599 (instead of $1700) or just point products (only AE costs $350).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points