Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

additional Batch Sequences for Acrobat 9 Pro

May 30, 2009 7:08 AM

In my downloaded version of Acrobat 9 Pro, there are only a few batch sequences.

The last time I bought Acrobat on a CD was version 5, and many additional batch sequences came on the CD.  By "additional" I mean that they were not automatically installed when Acrobat was installed, but they could be installed manually.  One could simply copy the additional batch sequences from the CD into the Acrobat installation, after which all of them would be available via the Acrobat interface.

Is the same true with a CD version of Acrobat 9 -- i.e., has the Acrobat 9 CD additional batch sequences that can be copied into the Acrobat installation?

If so, is it possible for a user of the downloaded version of Acrobat 9 Pro to obtain those additional batch sequences?

- -

On my Acrobat 5 CD, the additional batch sequences were in --

(optical drive letter):\Batch\Sequences

In my Acrobat 9 Pro installation (under Windows XP Pro), one would copy additional batch sequences to --

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 9.0\Acrobat\Sequences\ENU

In both Acrobat 5 and Acrobat 9, it appears that the names of all batch sequence files end in the extension .sequ

- -

I would particularly like to obtain the "List all Bookmarks" batch sequence.  I copied that sequence from the Acrobat 5 CD to the Acrobat 9 installation, and it "sort-of" works.  The main problem is that its list of bookmarks is limited to one page, regardless of the number of bookmarks.  Any bookmarks that would be listed on pages 2, 3 etc. of the list of bookmarks are not listed at all.

Is it possible for me to download or otherwise obtain the Acrobat 9 "List all Bookmarks" batch sequence?

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 30, 2009 12:34 PM   in reply to Greene.r

This is caused because there's a bug in the Report object in Acrobat 9. Basically it fails to spawn a new page when reaching the end of the first one. The way to overcome it is to create a variable that holds the number of lines printed, and when it reaches a certain number (depending on font size), add a new page to the report.
    That should solve it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 16, 2010 11:29 AM   in reply to Greene.r

The bug is not with the batch process, but with the Report object used in

it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 19, 2010 12:59 PM   in reply to Greene.r

Don't know who created this, but I found an updated sequence for "List all Bookmarks" that appears to work with Acrobat 9.  It also appears to add a page number reference to the output document that contains the bookmarks.   Try and see if it works for you.  It comes with instructions, as well as the .sequ file (as an attachment to the pdf)

Attachments:

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 8, 2011 11:49 AM   in reply to FJacks

This works perfectly!  Thank you for sharing

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status