Skip navigation
bluemac316
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe 8.1.3 adobe pdf printer error

Jun 2, 2009 2:43 PM

I have adobe 8.1.3 installed on a Windows XP machine. When I try to print to the adobe pdf printer, the printer que shows the status of the print job as "Error - Printing" and I get a dialog box called "Save PDF File As" and no matter how many time I click save or cancel the dialog box continues to pop up.  Only after I cancel the print job manually (in the queue) can I get the pop up box to go away.

Any suggestions?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 3, 2009 5:06 AM   in reply to bluemac316

Can you print-to-file with the Adobe PDF printer and then open that file in Distiller to complete the conversion process? If so, you likely have disabled AcroTray (check the running processes - ctrl-alt-del - and see if it is running). It can be started from the Distiller folder and should be listed in the startup folder.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2009 9:33 PM   in reply to bluemac316

I may have discovered a solution to this problem.

See attached PDF file for possible solution.

Check out and see if this works.

Tariq

bluemac316 wrote:

I have adobe 8.1.3 installed on a Windows XP machine. When I try to print to the adobe pdf printer, the printer que shows the status of the print job as "Error - Printing" and I get a dialog box called "Save PDF File As" and no matter how many time I click save or cancel the dialog box continues to pop up.  Only after I cancel the print job manually (in the queue) can I get the pop up box to go away.

Any suggestions?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2009 9:32 PM   in reply to bluemac316

Sorry about the double post---I got an error message on my first post, was not sure if it went through.

Tariq

Message was edited by: tariqm1

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 9, 2009 5:51 AM   in reply to tariqm1

Thanks tariqm1,

This port switch fixed the small annoyance of a problem that had been plaguing me for years!

Great post.

-jacob.ritchie

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points