nikho22
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere Pro has encountered an error - Keyframe.h-142

Jun 3, 2009 2:44 PM

Hello,

My project is crashing each time I try to open it with the error :

Premiere Pro has encountered an error

[c:\randall\mediacore\mediafoundation\api\inc\Keyframe/Keyframe.h-142]

If I use an auto-save project it open normaly but I cannot do a save because the saved project will give me the error.

What can I do. It seems that I'm not alone with this problem but I have not found any solution.

Please Help!

Nikho

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 3, 2009 2:51 PM   in reply to nikho22

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2009 7:38 AM   in reply to nikho22

Hi, i'm getting exactly the same error message while loading a project that i recently saved. I'm using a german version of Windows XP...

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2009 7:53 AM   in reply to Xeroin

OK, we've got both a FR and GR language version of PrPro that is malfunctioning. In the case of the FR version, the OP did change the language of the OS to US English.

For both versions, FR and GR, what is both the OS's language and also the Keyboard setup?

FR = FR (tried US En for OS) - Keyboard?

GR = GR (?) - Keyboard?

Harm, do you use the Dutch version, or the US En version? What language is your OS, and your Keyboard?

Just trying to eliminate variables to see if there is a common thread. Also, besides the language of the program, the OS and the Keyboard, does anyone else know of a possilbe additional language setup - one that I am missing?

Good luck,

Hunt

[Edit] PS what OS versions are each using?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2009 8:07 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

OS language English, CS4 language English, regional settings United Kingdom, keyboard US-EN.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2009 8:10 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

execuse me, but i don't understand at all what it has to do with the system language? I'm using PPCS4 for half a year now and i never got any problems of this kind. Nothing is new to the system. I've already saved and reopened other projects today. By the way, i have done no changes to the project file that crashed - i just opened it, tried to export a timeline to the media encoder, it crashed, i saved it (don't know why i did it), shut down premiere and as i reopened it i got the named error message.

my keyboard setup is Deutsch - Deutsch (German language, german keyboard setup) and i'm using Windows XP SP3

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2009 8:22 AM   in reply to Xeroin

With CS3 and XP there have been sporadic issues with NTSC and PAL displays that got confused in a project. Say you started a PAL project, imported further PAL footage and it displayed as NTSC in that PAL project. I have not yet encountered that in CS4, but who knows? Maybe the confusion about ,,, or ... or ::: or ;;; still continues. Bill is trying to rule that out, hence his question. Unfortunately, although I'm Dutch, I hate having anything on my computer in Dutch. The only programs I have in Dutch are my bookkeeping program and tax declaration program, everything else is in English. My children all use Dutch as their setup and everytime I have to help them, it is a sheer disaster to find those crappy Dutch translations in menus, forgetting about the difference between Y (yes) and J for Ja (confirmation) and to make things even worse, even my tax declaration program messes things up between the languages, all questions are in Dutch, but when closing it reverts to English.

Bill is trying to understand whether the different languages in use can be the commonality that causes problems.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2009 8:28 AM   in reply to Harm Millaard

what confusion about dots and commas do you mean? (do you have a link for me?)

by the way - i'm using hdv stuff, but indeed i was renderin out to dv pal widescreen when it crashed the first time...

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2009 8:35 AM   in reply to Xeroin
    execuse me, but i don't understand at all what it has to do with the system language?

It may have absolutely nothing to do with any part of the problem. However, there are two different language versions that are throwing the same error. I do not recall seeing this error before, but certainly may have missed it. I'm just hoping to find some common ground here, so others can proceed with finding the cause.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2009 8:41 AM   in reply to Xeroin

As for the problems with the separators, the only thing that I have seen was in Subtitles in Encore, and confusion between colons and semi-colons. However I have never done any PAL Projects, so it would unlikely for me to encounter the problem.

Maybe Harm either recalls a post with info on this, or KB Article with reference to it. Unfortunately, I do not, and usually just gloss over pure PAL issues, unless there is something else happening in that thread.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2009 8:47 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

ah, i understand.

by the way - i found this thread by typing in the error message part: "[c:\randall\mediacore\mediafoundation\api\inc\Keyframe/Keyframe.h-14 2]" And it was the only one result on google. What does this path mean? where is it (no folder randall on c) and what does this file (?) do?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2009 8:50 AM   in reply to Xeroin

PAL footage is denoted in the following format:   hh:mm:ss:ff

NTSC footage is denoted in the following format: hh;mm;ss;ff

Notice the difference between : and ; ?

With CS3 is happened occasionally that PAL footage was displayed with ; and a timebase of 29.97 fps in a 25 fps PAL project.

Although I filed a bug report, I have never heard back from Adobe and have not yet encountered this issue with CS4.

BTW, Adobe is great in unresponsiveness about bugs. They have an Ostrich mentality. The bug about the stopping program monitor when using an external monitor has been acknowledged, but that is it. No further communication, they have their heads someplace where it should not be.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2009 9:01 AM   in reply to Harm Millaard

Other than the FPS issue, that was about the same with Subtitles. Some Subtitle scripting programs would acknowledge to the user, that they were using the correct separator for, say PAL, and instead of the : stick in a ;. Sometimes, when typing Timecode, I have to jog my memory which is which. For me, it's "NTSCeasy," as I do not have to hold the Shift key for my separator. I know that the Shift-: will be for PAL.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2009 9:25 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

ok, i understand... but why are you talking about pal and ntsc? does it have something in common with the path in the error message (c:\randall\mediacore\mediafoundation\api\inc\Keyframe/Keyframe.h-142 )? and can it really cause a crash?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2009 9:51 AM   in reply to Xeroin

If there is confusion between the program, the regional settings, the OS and/or the Keyboard, I would imagine that it possibly could. However, it might not, and it would be nice to remove it from the possible causes of the error.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2009 10:16 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

well, i'm gonna upgrade to vista the days, so I'm gonna check if it's up to the OS, that the file crashes (as i said, it's only ONE project file - all other files work properly)

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2009 10:19 AM   in reply to Xeroin

Please report your experiences and observations to this thread, as the key to the mystery could come from any souce.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 14, 2009 11:02 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

well, after I set up a new Windows Vista system on my PC, the problem was gone. Now i don't know if it has something to do with XP/Vista or if it was just about the reinstall of any Windows...

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 14, 2009 1:15 PM   in reply to Xeroin

I really do not know who/what Randall is. I have not seen that reference to any error messages. Yes, there are some odd ones, like Vobulator, Stingray, Headless and the like, but do not recall any Randall.

You got me on that one. Maybe how some user had his/her PrPro set up?

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 14, 2009 1:16 PM   in reply to Xeroin
    the problem was gone.

Those words bring joy to my ears. I do wish we all knew exactly what and why, but "problems" being gone is a good thing.

Thanks for reporting,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 22, 2009 10:52 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

damn, what i told last was all wrong - the problem isn't gone, i just got the wrong file. well. the problem is still there after i have installed a totally different windows...

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 16, 2009 10:15 AM   in reply to nikho22

As this bug in always present in the CS4 version (16/12/2009). I'm sharing my way to restore the project:

Note that I'm using NotePad++ to edit the project file.

FIRST

Replace all:

<StartKeyframe>-91445760000000000,0,,0,5,0,,0,,0,,0,</StartKeyframe>

With:

<StartKeyframe>-91445760000000000,0,,0,0,5,,0,,0,,0,</StartKeyframe>

NEXT

Edit your OS regional settings and change you decimal separator from comma (,) to dot (.) as this bug is always there too (you will see it again when Adobe Encoder will launch the headerless Premiere and crash with the same error).

And finally try to reload your project.

Note about this:

Some data will be changed to incorrect values in your project, like "Opacity" for Title elements, or "Gain" for some audio tracks...

My message to the developer team:

First, you are not god and your coding is not perfect so please use try-catch things that exists today in every languages, it's amazing to see a software like this crashing. Secondly, why the hell removing a node element of the project file avoid the loading of the entire project ??? And finally don't tell me that I'm the ONLY user in Europe that is using comma as a decimal separator

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2010 7:50 AM   in reply to nikho22

We have the same problem, only

the first name is "Whitfield". System XP sp3 in CS4 while Encore is opening the project.

Message was edited by: Guus Janssen

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 13, 2011 1:48 AM   in reply to LogitechWarrior

Have the same bug. Windows 7 64bit Russian. Thanks for the info. Will try this today!

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 16, 2012 3:11 PM   in reply to nikho22

Could all of you that still have this problem go to http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/pre10_project_op en_fail and click the "+1" (Add my vote) to make sure Adobe gets the extent of this problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2012 3:15 AM   in reply to nikho22

Since all solutions presented here in the forum did not work for my project file, and I had a dead-line comming up, I created a script that fixes the damaged project files. It's a simple web page where you upload your file and get the fixed version back. It worked for my project file and I hope it'll work for you as well. You find the page here:

http://www.vibait.com/software/premiere-fix-keyframe.h-142/

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)