• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Commands" pull-down in paragraph designer not responding

Jun 11, 2009 Jun 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

9.0 p230

Worked the first time I used it this morning, then decided it was bored or needed a holiday (who says software doesn't respond to user moods ...) and stopped responding. Restarting FrameMaker hasn't helped – carelessly deleting too many variables saw to that for me. I might reboot the PC and fetch a coffee, though that seems a bit drastic. Any gentler hints welcome.

NGN

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

9.0 p230

Niels,

this is a known bug in p230 and fixed with p237. So all you need to do is installing the latest patch (9.0.2)

BTW, you can make the button work in p230 by switching the tabs within the paragraph designer, but you're lost in the character designer… there are no tabs to choose.

Bernd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip ... given I ran the updater yesterday, I hadn't considered it might be an "obsoleted bug". I'll try again.

N

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 07, 2009 Aug 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll add to this thread rather than start a new one, given it's all to do with the Paragaph designer.

9.0p237 – no more problems, as far as I remember, with the "Commands" pull-down; but now it's the buttons (replacements for the old tabbed layout) that don't do anything. Distinctly annoying!

Any more tips? Thanks in advance.

[later that day ...] I take it back, I do still have problems with the "Commands" pull-down; clicking on the button displays the pull-down list, but selecting a command from the list does nothing. <sigh>

Thank goodness for .mif!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 07, 2009 Aug 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Commands" pull-down now more reliable; buttons themselves, not :-{

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines