Skip navigation
fenderrocker
Currently Being Moderated

Windows and Mac Licensing with the same license?

Jun 15, 2009 3:03 PM

So I will be purchasing a new macbook Pro pretty soon, and I want to get adobe CS4 Web Premium - student version. I have read that you may install Adobe software on 2 different machines, as long as they are both yours.

Here's my question. My computer at home is a very powerful quadcore maching running on Vista. If I buy the Mac version of CS4, will I be able to somehow (legally) obtain the windows version and use the same product key on my PC at home?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 15, 2009 3:07 PM   in reply to fenderrocker

Unfortunately no. You can have the Mac OR the Windows version but not both with the same license. The two machines parts means two personal machines that will run the version that you have.

You can trade one for the other rather inexpensively but you have to destroy the version you are not using.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 15, 2009 3:25 PM   in reply to fenderrocker

It's inexpensive as in buying the new DVD's I believe. You'll want to give their customer service folks a ring when you get the chance.

Yeah it does make it hard when you are running two different platforms. I've got the same issues. Bootcamp will probably be a good bet especially if you have other apps that you want to use on both machines. Most of them are pretty much the same as Adobe.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points