Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

io error, placing eps in indesign

Jun 18, 2009 1:50 PM

Hi In ID CS4. In PS CS4

I made an eps in Photoshop & I have tried placing it into InDesign, but I get an error:

IO error occured creating the screen display for the imported eps.

Not sure what to do or how to prevent the error from happening.

Thank you.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 18, 2009 1:57 PM   in reply to Stella1251

If you made it in Photoshop, have you tried saving as a PSD file and placing that?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2009 6:24 AM   in reply to Stella1251

Forget EPS. Save as PDF to keep vector

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2009 6:48 AM   in reply to Stella1251

Stella1251 wrote:

i am trying to bring this thing into INDESIGN so i can make a .pdf out of it there so i can have crop marks on it.

there must be some reason why i am getting this error

i dont want to make a pdf in photoshop because then the file will be 45215363612GB. I HATE that about CS4. I NEVER had this problem before. I used to make pdfs in the older versions but now they are way too big for some reason. who knows.

Stella please detail exactly what you are doing. I place photoshop PDFs in ID all the time I then export PDF from ID and don't get files in the GB size. You are doing something wrong.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2009 7:35 AM   in reply to Stella1251

If the artwork from Photoshop is really vector, then save it as PDF and place that in InDesign. It appears your artwork from Photoshop is also pixel based because you have the Compression and Rez settings showing up and set to 300 ppi. I would trim the 450 down to 301. I would choose Press Quality; not high quality print (intended for digital output). If file size is a concern, you might try setting the image quality to high instead of maximum. You don't need to preserve PS editing capabilities, necessarily, so that could save a lot of file size. I like including color profiles, ordinarily, and yes, that adds to file size somewhat.

By all means, stop using those old, moldy EPS filetypes. Or else be prepared to walk the plank or be keel-hauled! (Still want to become a pirate?)

Mike Witherell in Maryland

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points