Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Can you Install after effects on multiple systems?

Jun 19, 2009 7:17 PM

i have an editing group and we all have saved up to get after effects cs3 pro but now were afraid only one of us can use it.

is it illegal or something to try to install it on like 4 computers or is it ok? because i dont want to buy it 4 times since we have low budget and i dont wanna get in trouble so im asking the people here

oh its for windows if that helps at all

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 19, 2009 7:38 PM   in reply to Impulse Fire

Impulse Fire:

Yes, unfortunately the EULA (End User License Agreement) doesn't allow you to use the same license of After Effects in multiple computers at the same time.

You are allowed to install it in your primary computer and also a second computer, as long as you don't use the two simultaneously (for example, your machine at work and a laptop).

I see you guys have a passion and want to do things right.

None of you guys is a student, so at least one of you could get an educational license?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 5, 2011 5:51 PM   in reply to Adolfo Rozenfeld

How would I do this if i purchased the Production Premium for mac? i wont be using it at the same time. thank you (I'm A student)

Message was edited by: dafly45

Message was edited by: dafly45

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 5, 2011 5:57 PM   in reply to dafly45

Adobe allows each software license to be activated twice.  This allows you to install and activate it on a desktop machine and a laptop, for example.  If you try to activate it on a third machine you will be denied.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 5, 2011 6:00 PM   in reply to Andrew Yoole

Oh i know that i found out how thanks though (i'm downloading it right now )

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 6, 2011 11:50 AM   in reply to Andrew Yoole

I tried to install CS2 on a new laptop after one of mine crashed, and we couldn't retrieve anything on it. However, the software license had already been activated twice. What do you do in that case? Do you just lose the ability to transfer the license altogether?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 6, 2011 11:57 AM   in reply to BCBmktg

Dig out your registration information and software ID numbers, and get in touch with these guys.  I bet this has happened before to someone else.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 6, 2011 4:54 PM   in reply to Dave LaRonde

^ Yup, Dave is on the money.  Adobe Support will deactivate your current activations so they can be reinstated on new machines.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 7, 2011 5:41 AM   in reply to Dave LaRonde

They were able to help me. Thanks so much!

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2013 11:08 PM   in reply to Adolfo Rozenfeld

Hi,

I am seriously interseted in purchasing after effects cs6 so I can edit my youtube videos and also some short and full-length films.  I will be buying a PC later this Summer which is what I will be editing most on.  Our family also has a MacBook Pro and since in the Summer we live at our cabin, I would be then unable to access my personal computer.  I know I can activate each license code twice and install onto two computers, but could I download it onto a Mac and a PC or just one or the other? 

Thanks in Advance!

Josh

|
    Mark as:
    May 19, 2013 11:22 PM   in reply to JoshGoPro

Creative Cloud allows licensing in two machines at the same time. They can be any OS so you can have one Mac and one Windows version running at the same time.

If you purchase a perpetual license I believe it is OS specific, however Adobe has allowed cross platform transfers at no charge for as long as I remember. You just can't run your two versions on different platforms at the same time. I think this is still the same because the serial numbers for my CS6 licenses for Windows are different than the serial numbers for Mac.

If I'm wrong about the perpetual license I'm sure Todd or another Adobe employee will step in and clear things up.

|
    Mark as:
    May 20, 2013 4:26 AM   in reply to Rick Gerard

Rick is correct.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers