Skip navigation
Rivergoat
Currently Being Moderated

Audition 1.5 claims to burn to DVD/CD burner, but does not

Jun 21, 2009 12:55 PM

This is a very odd situation not encountered before. CD project created in Win 2K sp4 desktop. Burn session to Optiarc DVD/CD writer. 1.5 claims session burns successfully, but there is no burn on the disc (visually look at the disc and you cannot see the contrast difference of a burned section). Opening Nero 8 and examing disc properties reads "disc is empty." Burning a test file to the same burner with Nero results in a successful burn, so the burner does work. Removed and re-installed 1.5 completely and tried another burn. This one did burn (I can see the burn on the completed disc, whereas you couldn't see evidence of a burn on the prior attempts). Disc plays on PC, but not on standard home CD player (whereas burns until now did). Tried another burn on a different CD-R media, and once again nothing burned. Did the same session onto a Plextor SCSI burner and the session completed successfully. Optiarc burner is an IDE device, what can be the reason it isn't taking Audition's command to burn? Is the laser not being turned on for the session? I repeat that using that same burner via Nero 8 caused a successful burn, so how can the Optiarc be defective? There are long, concert format sessions that work better on Audition than Nero, so I prefer to use that; am I now forced to use a different burner when prior to now all had been fine? There are no new programs installed on the PC, only various Windows updates as they are released. Oh, and I burn with virus protection off, and try to burn at the slowest possible speed. Any ideas most welcome.

Replies

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points