Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

HDMI out...of what?

Jun 25, 2009 5:07 PM

Ok I would like to go out of my MAC using CS4 via HDMI on my Black Magic Card...but apparently (as tech support tells me) Their card does not support CS4 (Preimere Pro).  So does anyone out there have a suggestion on what hardward to buy to output from Preimere CS4 via HDMI to my Sony TV HDMI in?  Matrox, AJA, Blackmagic appear not to support CS4 Premiere.  They do support AE and PS but not Preiemere Pro CS4.  Very frustrating, I don't want to go back to FCP...I like and use PP CS4.  Is it that hard for their tech support to create the drivers for PP CS4?  I mean...we can build Steve Jobs out of Silicon and we can put a guy on the moon, but we can't make a patch for CS4 PP?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 25, 2009 6:58 PM   in reply to schlossd

Very simple, just take the second DVI output from your graphics card.  Buy a DVI to HDMI cable (or adaptor) and set up the second monitor at 1920 x1080 resolution and go to Premiere and select playback to that monitor.  You will need seperate audio output to your HDTV for the sound.  At least that is how you do it on a PC.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2009 10:49 PM   in reply to schlossd

Check out the Matrox MXO2 Mini. It has realtime preview out to an HD monitor/TV via HDMI. Plus, if you get the MAX version, you can speed up your H.264 renders.

Chris

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2009 4:55 PM   in reply to schlossd

Who was it that said life was a lot easier (and less expensive) on the PC side?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2009 5:25 PM   in reply to schlossd

Of course you have not told us what Mac you have but evidently it is a desktop.  Now on a PC it is simple to add an additional graphics card for a third and even possibly a fourth monitor.  Since Steve Jobs has adopted the PC hardware architecture and this is simple in a PC, I would guess you could do the same.  And then my suggestion of DVI to HDMI will work.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 9, 2009 3:40 PM   in reply to Harm Millaard

Who was it that said life was a lot easier (and less expensive) on the PC side?

Probably everyone who doesn't use a Mac.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 25, 2010 4:36 AM   in reply to Harm Millaard

PC - May be less expensive, but easier...? I'm still battling for a solution - I have 2 monitors so use the two monitor output from my card for them, and I too want to output to my tv via hdmi. (until this thread, I did not realise you could have hdmi In and out  on one display card, so assumed it was an out hdmi that would output to my TV). Anyway It's not working this way and i was also told this card (Nvidia GT220 from Gigabytehas done away with support for firewire unless I reinstall it to an older update that I can't find -  which means I can't go through my old camera via firewire like I did b4. Someone mentioned installing an extra card, would my old card be ok using DVI output to Hdmi? That does not look good to me, but  all I want is to be back in business like I was with pp2 so I'd try anything!

(System Intel 5 W7 64 bts 2 monitors).

PS: I don't know why I'm a new member now?

and I can't see my older post under it unless I find old posts with my user name, now changed!"

Michelmnr-jD1CEg

I justs posted something on the "lounge" in the hope to get some explanations! sorry about the formatting it does not respond to the above formating tools, this bit is copied and pasted from the main text above then highlighted and changed to this!

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 27, 2010 7:02 AM   in reply to Michelmnr-wmHeJf

The previous posters are talking about an I/O card which gives you input and output. Video cards are strictly output which means firewire in is not supported on any of them. Firewire output for preview is also not up to the video card but the software and the client device you are outputting to. If you only require 2 monitors/outputs then you can run DVI to HDMI via your video card. If you want a third output then  you either require an I/O card like the Decklink Intensity or MXO2 Mini or another video card which can be somewhat problematic in CS5 but it does work.

Eric

ADK

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 27, 2010 6:30 PM   in reply to schlossd

I haven't even started saving up for ma baby's college fund. And you're telling me I gotta spend already?!!

Still thanks for the info schlossd, I was wondering why I couldn't pull HDV from my sony hdv deck.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 30, 2010 5:36 AM   in reply to ECBowen

Hi I don't know if this post was directed to the original post or mine. But thanx just the same. I'm still fairly confused with the whole thing. I just realised my display card has nothing to do with my fire wire port of which I seemed to have two of them! One from an old analogue card I bought years ago (Firebird) and another one on its own! I never really realised I had as I only started to use it to capture and convert analogue tapes, then used it to display  my timeline trough my digital camera. I did not pay attention which port I was using as long as it worked! What gets me though is since my last display card I managed to get my firewire .........This thought actually stopped me on the track and I just crawled under my desk and plug my cable into my other firewire port and lo and behold there is a picture on the TV!  - I'll be &*^*^^!@#$!  Anyone for a hdmi cable, and DVI to HDMI ? 

Thanx for the brain stimulation!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)