Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How to clean up scanned pdf files?

Jun 25, 2009 11:47 PM

I have quite a pile of scanned pdf files that need to be tidied up (see sample attached). I know Photoshop can do the job but is there a quicker way to do this? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 26, 2009 5:38 AM   in reply to chrischan1778

No attachment. It is not clear what you mean by cleaned up. It may be that PhotoShop is your best method.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2009 5:45 AM   in reply to chrischan1778

As Bill suggests; Define what you mean by "clean up". Pretty vague terms there.

Show us an example if you will but use the camera icon to attach it. Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2009 7:53 PM   in reply to chrischan1778

chrischan1778 wrote:

Hi guys, thanks for the speedy response. I thought I had attached the pdf file but never mind, here it is. Somehow I can't use the cameron icon to upload, though. Thanks again.

Still no file.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2009 10:36 PM   in reply to chrischan1778

You got a picture in anyway. It does not look all that clean. You could try OCR on a copy and see how it comes out (use the feature that gives you text OCR'd, not just adding search items to the base graphic). Often the reulst will be a mixture of text and graphics, with the ability to delete a lot of the graphics with the object touchup tool. Try it on a sample page to get the idea.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points