• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 4 Open url from a button not working?

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2009 Jun 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have published a scorm course from captivate 4 and have installed to our servers. I would like to have a link to a document that is online (.doc) but whenever I click the transparent button it starts to load, opens a window (which has the correct title name) but then disappears with no warning or error message.

The link resides behind a transparent button, and has the settings On Success open url or file in a new window.  I know the problem is not specific to this document because I have had the same problem with a completly different online file location in the past.

Please Help!!

Many thanks in advance.

Chris Maile

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a question: did you install the update, published end of May? If you did not, this could perhaps help you out with your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Please send me a private E-Mail message to rstone75 (at) kc (dot) rr (dot) com and advise of the exact file name of the file you are linking to.

I'll send you back a file that you can use to test and see if the link works.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2009 Aug 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sorry forgot to update on this. I resolved the problem by directing the link to a .cfm file that did a meta jump (or cflocation, can't remember which) to the document (.doc) and it seemed to work.

Many Thanks

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 20, 2009 Aug 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the intrusion, found answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources