• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

my adobeflasher is not working anymore and when i try to download it will not download

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2009 Jul 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my adobe flahplayer is no longer working and every time I try to download it it will not download i click download now and nothing happens there is no box to say install now what do i do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate to say it licala, but you have likely joined the untold number of others (perhaps now in the millions) who, through no fault of their own, are unable to download/install the latest version of Flash Player.  Lots of luck with getting Flash Player installed and working; you're going to need it.  A cursory look at the contents of this forum and other Flash Player related websites will quickly reveal that you have now joined the ranks of those who are exceedingly frustrated and saddened by the inability to download/install Flash Player.  I see that Adobe employees BWolfe and Chris Cox are listed as "top participants" on this forum.  Perhaps one or both of them can comment on this sad state of affairs and what if anything Adobe is doing to rectify this problem of epic proportions.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You, sir, are quite something!

The other day you requested me to stop posting in this forum, and now you reply to posters seeking help that they are unlikely to get any help here.

What is your agenda?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2009 Jul 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Pat Willener.  A few weeks ago, when I first experienced my still unresolved Flash Player problem, I went to this forum to hopefully seek an end to my dilemmma.  I saw your name as the "top participant," and, due to the number of your posts, I thought you were perhaps an Adobe employee and/or someone who is very knowledgable regarding Adobe products.  I spent hours on this forum, and I attempted every suggestion of your's that I could find on this forum.  Not one of them worked.  I tried the uninstall/install numerous times along with a myriad of other things.  I started to wonder if you were some type of joker who gets his kicks out of giving people advice that doesn't work.  If you go back and read my initial post, I never asked you to stop posting on this forum.  What I wrote was, if you're going to give advice, please give advice that is meaningful, advice that works.  Surely you must have seen some of the thousands of posts out there (on this forum and others) in which people indicated that the unintall/install manoeuver doesn't work.  My intial post to you was out of frustration because I thought that you were sending more people on a wild goose chase.  I apologize for this; I do believe that you are only trying to help.  However, I am convinced, as are many others, that the only thing that is going to fix this huge problem with Flash Player is for Adobe to find the root cause of the problem and correct it with another version of Flash Player.  This is why I encourage Adobe employees to get in on these posts and let people know what if anything Adobe is doing to fix this problem.  So far, Adobe employees have been (far too) silent on this issue.            

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2009 Jul 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arp Man,

Adobe is generally aware of issues with its installation programs. Users of Adobe software wish that they would fix their installation issues ASAP. However, if it was just simple to do they would have done so. They do not want their users to have problems. It just adds to Adobe's support costs and lowers people's view of Adobe products. Adobe has said that they expect to fix issues relating to their installation software incrementally over the next several versions of their software. This was in the context of the Adobe CS Suite, but I assume it is a more general problem.

Pat is just trying to be helpful. His suggestion is one that generally works for many software issues, but clearly not all of them. This forum is a user to user forum. Please do not berate fellow users that are trying to help each other.

Mike (Adobe forum host)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2009 Jul 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologized for my earlier comments.  They were written out of frustration.  Yes, I was entirely out of line.  It's exceedingly frustrating not having Flash Player capability.  As with many things in life, you don't appreciate what you have until you no longer have it.  I no longer have access to news clips, Youtube, etc. etc., and I haven't had access in weeks.  There is an online ATV safety course that two of my kids need to take.  Yesterday, I opened the link to the course; guess what, the online safety course requires Flash Player.  AAAAHHHHH!!!!!  More frustration.  My kids will have to go to someone else's house or to the local library in order to (hopefully) be able to take to the safety course.  I've already resigned myself to the fact that I will no longer be able to use Flash Player (unless of course Adobe releases another version that installs/runs properly).  What exactly do you mean by Adobe is "generally aware" of installation issues?  It's not as if these problems have only occurred over the last few days and weeks; it's been many months.  Surely Adobe must know that tens of thousands if not millions of people are unable to use Flash Player.  Your mentioning that Adobe is expecting to fix installation issues "incrementally" doesn't sound as if this problem will be resolved anytime soon.  If my company fixed customer's problems incrementally, we would no longer have customers.  Is this Flash Player problem due to such a major glitch (or glitches) that it's going to take Adobe a long time to find the root cause of the problem(s) and a long time to rectify it?  Are there any other options for the many folks like me who are dead in the water in relation to Flash Player?  I would be interested in finding out if there are any alternatives.  I can't afford it right now, but is my only option to buy a new computer that already has Flash Player installed?         

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IE8 was criminal in my mind, the way they have handled this transition.....

fire the people who did it and hire someone to fix it.....should take two

hours if we get a decision maker with or without a set of Kangaroos!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arp Man,

There are quite a number of reasons and possibilities why Flash Player may not install successfully on certain systems. They include incorrectly uninstalled earlier versions, registry permissions, browser settings, and many others.

The reason why I first often recommend a full uninstall, followed by an offline install, is that it has resolved some 90% of all cases in the past.  In the other 10% we can try other things, but in some rare cases things will remain unsolved.  But it's not millions of cases; probably not even hundreds.

In the case of the original poster of this topic, as well as with yourself, there is not much I or anyone else can do because we have no information about your environment, i.e. operating system or browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2009 Jul 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have IE8 you are involved in a sandbox fight between Microsoft and

adobe. No intelligent answer received yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2009 Jul 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat,

If one cannot find where Flashplayer is allegedly located on when it was set to install on macintosh HD,  how can one "uninstall" it? my computer has been an Adobe mess since I tried to install this and I'd LOVE to fix it?? Also in addition to having forums, does Adobe have its own "how to" on all basic things flashplayer? Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Snowridegirl,

I find it strange that on one hand you agree with "Arp Man" - who has asked me to stop my endless repeating posts in this forum, and on the other hand ask me for help...?

The FP uninstallers for all platforms can be downloaded from http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_14157

As for issues about this forum's functionality, there is a special forum just for this: http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat I'm sorry for whatever it is your life that has lead you to be so unhappy. I was not agreeing with anything regarding you, if you read my post it says I agree with the Flash player problem... separate issues dude.  I find it strange that you guys consistently assume rather than ask for clarification on what a person's intentions are. its communication via a written forum and thus up for much mis-interpretation. I have zero reason to agree or disagree with anything anyone says about you-that's their deal. Yes I asked for help. Totally need some help with AFP10 Anyone's help would be welcome, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the uninstaller link I gave you in my earlier reply?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes thank you! I just used the uninstaller, I assume its uninstalled lol but as I've said, my problem in the first place was finding where Flashplayer put itself on my computer. Do you use a mac? I'm on os-x10-7....I've tried installing flash-player for a while now and I finally got it to say its installed but I can't find it in my APPS to open and use sorta weird eh? I do notice that other than the problems i've seen people having here, FP is widely used in blogging and web-design which is what I'm looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I have no idea about Macs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries, thank you for the help. I will ask a few blogging friends what they think. evry1, if I find anything out this week I'll post what I get. stay cool peoples...its not a tsunami its just a computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait....are Chris and Pat not paid for forum help? If not you should be. If you are, Chris, who cares which thread people ask for help in? Everyone is basically having the same ADOBE FLASH PLAYER issues and perhaps needs guidance. unless I am mistaken, this is a legitimately Adobe provided website and forum and should be managed with efficiency and civility even if not. It looks like most people are looking for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris is an Adobe employee; I am an unpaid volunteer.

This is a user-to-user forum, and there is no guarantee that Adobe support staff make regular appearances here.

There are many different issues with Flash Player, and it confuses issues when people post completely unrelated problems in existing topics.  It is easier if each different problem is handled in a separate topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ARP MAN I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU that Adobe needs to figure out what the problem is with their software and fix it. There is something inherently wrong with the program for this many people to be complaining about it (I even notice that this page isn't imac user-friendly.....highlights mis-spellled words but gives no option to replace it? Thats unheard of on a mac. I'll create another program that works and get back to you all in 6 months when Adobe goes under jk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat,

I was trying your solution from elsewhere and had successfully uninstalled + rebooted the comp

then I could not install back flash player via your link because i couldnt download the file. the download just simply wouldnt start or complete. sometimes when at the flash player install page, the gold bar dint even appear

it definitely isnt my computer or connection as i have successfully downloaded stuff like files from another forum, other utility applications from filehippo.com, and even the uninstaller from the link you gave, all downloaded fine.

i just cant seem to access the flashplayer download site. and i went to the older versions page from adobe and flash player 9 wouldnt download either.

now im stuck without any flash player at all!! =( please help me as i really feel crippled when i cant visit so many sites that all use flashplayer

here are some other things i have tried or some info i can provide:

-using windows XP and IE 7 latest version.

-using a different browser, firefox, but same problem exists

-reset my modem connection but same problem exists

-also tried the subinacl.exe fix provided in the troubleshooting page but same problem exists

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JessieEle,

Have you tried to download from this link http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax.exe ?  Please try again; the server may have been overloaded at times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat,

Thanks very much, that link worked. But I still have problems with a particular website (Evony.com). Looking some of the threads here, I would like to try reverting back to Flash Player 9 but I get the same problem trying to download Flash Player 9 from the archived downloads page.  It is weird that everytime I try to download it is always stuck or times out. I dont think its overloaded because I could download the uninstaller OK. also I have tried at different times of the day and it's still the same.

Anyway, the problem Im getting from Evony.com is that when I log in, it brings me to a page full of:

BZh91AY&SY¥qw  ­&#127;ù|v &#127;{ÿÿÿÿÿÿþ¿ÿÿþwÿíßÿTïþ&#143;àà"  íií&#157;¬<  Óv&#141;» µÑÐh   ]ÁJtà  ¤R‚Ž¨ €Ò‡R6ÊÑDF&…h"¬šh  C@&#143;p $@M §¢` C&€ž€ž¦©ùCÅ=5=LA3SѦ¦š h ¡&#144; @ € hl •4h `&#141;  B†G©êy ÐÐÐ 4Ñ Ó@   SSQê&#143;HÓ@ 4 Ð4 M(“Rž …MåLM6“Ôõ=#Ô ÒOPÙ   =@      4  CM2h 0š

I have tried clearing temp internet files and cookies, restarting modem connection and even a different browser (firefox) but its still the same. I have asked in the website's forums but nobody has a definite answer nor does it seem like everyone is having that problem (cos or else there would have been a major server maintenance for the game)

Someone did suggest a bugged Flash Player which is what brought me here. Finally comepleted reinstalltion thanks to your help, but I stil have the same problem. That is why I would like to try rolling back to Flash Player 9.

Sorry for the lengthy post, and thanks for the help you have rendered so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That page with the garbage characters, is that inside a Flash object, or is it just normal text on the page?  I assume that it is text, as you were able to copy and paste it.

If this is the case, then it looks to me more like incorrect encoding than a Flash Player problem.

Can you check what the page's encoding is?  (Most browsers: View | Character Encoding)

If you want to download FP 9, you can find the link on this page http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/142/tn_14266.html - make sure that you uninstall FP 10 before you install the earlier version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The page displays the characters as text on the page, but usually a flash object is supposed to load and its is thru the flash screen that I would play the game in.

As for encoding, im not sure what Im supposed to give u, is 'Western European (Windows)' it?

And I have tried that page to download FP 9 but it gives me crawling download speeds, and like earlier mentioned, i highly doubt its my connection as I have no problem downloading from other sites.  Is there perhaps an alternate download site u could provide?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JessieEle wrote:

As for encoding, im not sure what Im supposed to give u, is 'Western European (Windows)' it?

You could try to change it to Unicode UTF-8 and see if these characters display better.

However, it is also possible that the Flash object is somehow incorrectly embedded.  I cannot see anything on the website you mention, as I need to login.

As for the slow download, maybe you will just have to wait it out.  It is always best to download from the original developer's website, rahter than alternate download locations, where you cannot be sure if you get the real thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines