Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

"Insufficient data for an image" when opening file

Jul 1, 2009 2:14 PM

I am the administrator of a corporate environment.

We have 25 users with Acrobat Standard 9 on Windows XP.

ONE user is coming to me about an error "Insufficient data for an image" while trying to open some PDF files.

There is no rhyme or reason to which files cause this error and it only effects her.

I've looked online and seen alot of people complaining about this errror message, but no one with a solution.

Can anyone assist?

Thanks

John

Attachments:

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 1, 2009 5:06 PM   in reply to CR-John

Sounds like a corrupt file. Maybe it never finished downloading.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 1, 2009 8:48 PM   in reply to CR-John

Are these PDFs that have been received via e-mail ?

In doing the research on this error, it seems that there isn'nt any commonality except that these are PDFs being received either from the web or via e-mail. In one case the fella solved it my realizing that the image was 24/bit but had been saved as 8/bit (not sure if that was a source problem or transfer issue). But that might have been a one off solution.

A lot of users were complaining about this problem after receiving a PDF via e-mail. Sending PDFs through e-mail wthout using an archive format such as "zip/WinRAR" can be problematic as some e-mail servers/clients assume that the PDF is text and munge it.

Is this one user using the same e-mail client with the exact same settings as everyone else ?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 22, 2009 4:58 PM   in reply to MichaelKazlow

no corupt file opens fine on adobe reader 8

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 6, 2012 1:08 PM   in reply to CR-John

I am running Adobe 9 Pro on a Windows XP machine and get this "insufficient data for an image" occasionally and if I close out and try again the file will usually open.  My colleagues are using the same version of Adobe Pro with Windows 7 and are not experiencing the same issue.  Can anyone help... other than to suggestion upgrading to Windows 7?  Thanks!

I don't believe the issue people are experiencing has anything to do with any form of corruption.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points