Skip navigation
cvhsictsupport
Currently Being Moderated

Importing mp4 files into Adobe Premiere Elements 4

Jul 3, 2009 7:25 AM

Hi

I'm using Adobe Premiere Elements 4 here and am having problems when importing mp4 files. They jump and skip, Flicker Green every now and then and generally just flip out on me.

Does anyone know what's the problem here and whether there's any specific settings i need to tweak within APE to get it to work properly?

TIA

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 3, 2009 7:33 AM   in reply to cvhsictsupport

What happens if you convert them to the DV AVI Type 2 codec?

Convert http://premierepro.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ:How_do_I_convert_my_files%3F

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2009 10:03 AM   in reply to cvhsictsupport

Assuming you have rendered them (hitting Enter key on your keyboard) and you are still having issues you could go to the Adobe Elements 4 folder in your "Program Files" folder and open the "Plug Ins" and "en_US" folders and move the file called ImporterFastMPEG.prm to your desktop. See how they work then... if no better then just replace the file.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2009 10:09 AM   in reply to Paul_LS

Depending on where these MP4s are coming from, you may NEED to convert them.

If they are AVCHD video files, then Premiere Elements can edit them in their native format, if your project is set up properly.

If these are MP4s, on the other hand, from a Flip or other flash-based hi-def format, they are not compatible with the program and will need to be converted to an editable format.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points