Skip navigation
Newuser_help
Currently Being Moderated

Encore 2.0 does not detect my DVD

Jul 15, 2009 1:32 PM

I have Adobe Creative Suite Production Studio Preium. It is about two years old. I teach a high school class. When ever I have tried to burn a DVD in Primier Pro or Encore it has come back and said it can not detect my DVD. The technolgoy person has tried over the past year to fix. Finally her told me to just buy an external DVD burner because he couldn't figure it out. I purchased a Plextor and hooked it up and I get the same problem.

I know it is not my DVD's because I can burn stuff in Nero. But I want to be able to burn out of Adobe.

While the students are out of school, I thought I might be able to find a solution.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 15, 2009 8:39 PM   in reply to Newuser_help

If you have Encore 2.0, that's almost 4 years old - but the vintage of the software is not important.

Instead, look in the FAQ on this forum for software to avoid/remove - many codecs and other DVD burning apps can "break" Encore's burning functionality.

If you need a quick fix, try building a DVD image from Encore, and then burn it from Nero.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 17, 2009 8:45 AM   in reply to Newuser_help

You built a DVD image from Encore? Are you using Nero to burn it? If so, there's a specific command in Nero that I can't remember right now - search Nero's help for "image".

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points