Skip navigation
bigdave_bluejay
Currently Being Moderated

error 1324 when installing adobe reader

Jul 15, 2009 5:13 PM

I am trying to install adobe reader 9.0 to a computer on a network.  The my documents folder is mapped to a network drive on the server.  The computer is running win XP Pro SP3.

The error I keep getting is:

error 1324  the path my documents or the volume is invalid. please enter the path and try again.

there is nothing to enter to change.  It seems the installation is hard coded to look for a particular drive or something.  Can someone please help.

thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 16, 2009 8:57 AM   in reply to bigdave_bluejay

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 11, 2010 12:20 PM   in reply to bigdave_bluejay

Have you solved your problem yet?

Could you please let me know if you have the "My Documents" folder redirected to a network shared folder.

If so then try to logon to the machine with the local administrator account or another local user with administrator rights.  This will assure that the "My Documents" is local and not a redirected folder.

Installing Reader should work fine and once it's installed should be available for use to all users.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 11, 2010 3:53 PM   in reply to Abare Consulting

Reader is a completely different product... which is why it has a different forum

http://forums.adobe.com/community/adobe_reader_forums

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 11, 2010 9:07 PM   in reply to bigdave_bluejay

Interesting problem and probably would be the same on Acrobat too. Too bad I do not have a solution. I think there are some posts about a registry entry for the default folder, but you will just have to search the forum. Other than that, I have never seen anything posted on this type of topic before.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 12, 2010 5:32 AM   in reply to John T Smith

This same issues will happen with Acrobat, Acrobat Reader and Authorware.

This Solution should help every product which is being installed in a Windows 7 environment.

The issue is with the "My Documents" folder redirected to a server using Group Policies.  The Acrobat installer is looking for c:\documents and settings or c:\users and can't handle it when the folder is in a different location.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 12, 2010 6:09 AM   in reply to bigdave_bluejay

Installing Reader should work fine and once it's installed should be available for use to all users.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 12, 2010 6:49 AM   in reply to snadg78645

I just had the same problem when I tried to install Acrobat 9 Pro. I first had to reset My documents to C, install the program and then change it back to our network disk. According to our IT guy, most programs today requires My documents to be on your own computer, otherwise they wont install.

Lena

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2011 6:33 AM   in reply to bigdave_bluejay

I also have the same problem, running my laptop on XP home. I have tried everything from registry cleaners to chkdsk, several times, at no avail.

Has a solution been found since the old reports of 2010, I have just read?

I so could I have some help? Thanks in advance.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points