We may face this issue if any third party PDF printers (Any printers apart from Adobe) are installed as well, try removing them all and check.
If you do not have any third party PDF printers installed try following the below steps.
1. Click on Start > type Services.msc and open the Services window.
In the Services window choose to Start the " Printer Spooler" service, if it is already started choose to restart it and then try printing.
If you still face the same issue, follow Step 2.
2. Check if the application is updated, if not launch the application and then click on Help > Check for Updates.
3. If Step 2 does not help re-install the application.
Thanks, lesyeux - unchecking that option finally fixed the prob.
For german users:
Bearbeiten -> Voreinstellungen -> Allgemein -> Geschützten Modus beim Start aktivieren -> ausschalten
Adobe Reader X 10.1.4
I solved this issue by installing NitroPDF reader. I don't have a clue why installing another PDF reader would fix it Adobe Acrobat X, but it did. Oh, and I didn't un-install X either. Good luck young Padawan.
I recently upgraded to Adobe Reader 11.0 and had similar issue.
I solved it by doing the following
Edit -> Preferences-> Documents -> View Documents in PDF/A mode ........Make it as "Never"
Restart your adobe reader and now you should be able to print.
A temporary fix for this problem:
1. email yourself the document.
2. Click view.
3. Enter in the information.
4. Right click and print.
5. Clicking change under destination. (Google Chrome)
6. Select PDF.
7. Save the document.
This is a problem with permissions and is very common.
Hope this helped.