• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

new page size is too small....

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2009 Jul 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My current page size is 7.5 width by 9 inches height, but when i tried to decrease the width by a half inch, making it 7x9, I got the system message

[[new page size is too small for some custom master page column layouts]], so I went to column layouts and decreased anything that was set to .75 to .5, but this still would not allow me to change the page size to 7x9. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanx,

William

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2009 Jul 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your custom master pages, i.e. those that aren't labelled Right or Left, to see if the text areas and background text frames run off the new page size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 16, 2013 Jan 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a variation on the same symptom, that message "The new page size is too small for some custom master page column layouts...."

Master pages so far:

• Left (US Letter)
  • Left.Landscape (US Letter, perhaps created from Left by a prior writer)
  • Left.StudentGuide (created from Left, narrower text frames)
  • Left.StudentGuide.A4 (created from Left.StudentGuide).

I am configuring Left.StudentGuide.A4. That error message appears when I try to change the page size of Left.StudentGuide.A4 from US Letter to A4.

Every frame on each of these pages is at least 1.0" away from its nearest page edge except the a graphics frame at the top, which is at 0.3". Since A4 is taller than US Letter, I would not expect that dimension to constrain.

Yet the error message appears.

Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, nevermind. Apparently I'm barking up the wrong tree.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've sometimes struck the same snag, and given up on trying to analyse it logically. When this happens, I set up a new document from the templates with the required paper size, tweak the text frames the way I want them, then import the text.

Of course, in an ideal world, there would be a 'Resize text frames' option …

N

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines