Skip navigation
Manov43
Currently Being Moderated

Why is Adobe changing my fonts when I convert from publisher to pdf?

Jul 22, 2009 9:36 PM

I've just started using the pdf conversion plug-in to convert from publisher 2007 to pdf.  The way it was explained to me was that no matter what style of font you use it should be embedded in the file so that when someone opens the file they will read it in exactly the same style as I used to create it.  I am a volunteer for a non-proft org. (my church) and each year we publish a small booklet and sell space to local businesses who contribute to the well-being of my church.  This is the first year I'm using the pdf conversion but when I checked how the ad would look in adobe reader some of the fonts were changed and I can't seem to correct the problem.  It doesn't happen with all the fonts which makes it even stranger.  Anyone got any advice, suggestions, etc.  Thanks.

Manny

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 23, 2009 2:29 AM   in reply to Manov43

Adobe Reader can't create PDF documents. Which software do you use for the conversion?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 23, 2009 5:25 AM   in reply to Manov43

Which software creates the PDF documents?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 23, 2009 8:24 AM   in reply to Manov43

Manov43 wrote:

The way it was explained to me was that no matter what style of font you use it should be embedded in the file so that when someone opens the file they will read it in exactly the same style as I used to create it.

Yes. That would be correct.

And it sounds like the fonts are not being embedded properly. To fix that, you would need to look at the settings in whatever application you are using to create the PDF.

Do you have Adobe Acrobat, another third party PDF utility or are you using the Publisher utility to create the PDF's?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 24, 2009 12:55 AM   in reply to Manov43

When you have problems with the Microsoft utility contact the support of Microsoft.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 4, 2011 12:18 PM   in reply to Bernd Alheit

I'm having the same problem and unfortunately, it doesnt matter which software i'm using... Word,

Publisher, and even photoshop.  I have Adobe Acrobat Pro and no matter how I try to convert, i'm still getting the same problem.font variations.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 4, 2011 12:21 PM   in reply to wirthd

We have no idea "how" you are creating the PDF from those applications so can you give us the steps?

Better yet, you should probably head over to the Acrobat forum (assuming you are actually using Acrobat to create the PDF. All three of the applications you mentioned can create a PDF without using Acrobat at all) since this isn't a Reader issue but more of a PDF creation issue.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points