Skip navigation
HowardinDC
Currently Being Moderated

"Edit in Photoshop" not working...

Jul 26, 2009 4:51 PM

First, let me say that I have read many previous posts about this problem.  It seems that no one really knows why this is happening or how to fix it.  I am offering my experience in case it might help.  I am using Lightroom 64-bit, ver. 2.4, and PS CS3 ver. 10.0.1.  Camera Raw is ver. 4.6.  The OS is Vista Home Premium 64-bit.  And yes, I have scripting support ver. 10.0.1 and there are no odd diacritical marks in the path to my image files, nor are the files on an external drive.  I am working with JPG files.  In LR, if I select "edit in Adobe Photoshop CS3" and choose "edit a copy with Lightroom adjustments," PS launches but no file appears.  LR displays the error "the file could not be edited because Adobe Photoshop CS3 could not be launched."  But, if I select "edit a copy," the file opens succesfully in PS.

I have added the PS CS3 executable file as as additional external editor under LR Preferences/External Editing.  That workaround works and allows PS to open a file with LR adjustments, though it is slow.

Does this info help in getting us closer to any solution to this issue?  Are we still waiting and hoping for Adobe to release a fix?  Or has this been solved and I have missed the solution?  I would be grateful for any advice.  Thanks.

-Howard

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 10, 2011 11:11 AM   in reply to HowardinDC

Nice to know this is still an issue years later.Not very encouraging. I've spent almost two days....up to date on all software....and no dice. I can do the manual external editing, but then I lose most of the advantages of having LR/PS linked together. I am just amazed this is still an issue. Amazed.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 13, 2011 9:03 AM   in reply to HowardinDC

I think the reason for this "edit-Problem" lies in the fact that you don't use PS CS5.

LR 3 does not work seamlessly with earlier versions of PS - I have worked with LR 3 and CS3 and some things worked and some didn't.

Since I have upgraded to CS 5, all is well.

WW

PS: In case you wondered, I don't get a commission if you buy CS5.

Message was edited by: web-weaver

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points