Skip navigation
BoekMarc
Currently Being Moderated

image size: set default setting in dialog box to percent

Jul 30, 2009 8:52 AM

I usualy change my images by percent, so I would like the dialogbox to display percent as default, instead of pixels or inches.

Now every time I open an image from Indesign and want to change the size in %, I have to set pixel to percent.

I've looked around but nowhere I can find a way to change the default setting.

Any suggestions?SCHERM 18.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 30, 2009 9:18 AM   in reply to BoekMarc

the image size defaults to what ever prefs is set to under Units and rulers. so if you want percent set percent in units and rulers.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 30, 2009 10:27 AM   in reply to BoekMarc

You could try making an action that opens the Image size dialog and changes the units to %.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2009 6:10 PM   in reply to BoekMarc

I too have searched (to no avail) for an answer to this question. I resize hundreds of images with this dialog box, but I must change the default from pixels to percent every time. Surely there is a way to change this default?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 3, 2009 10:28 PM   in reply to markfelton

If it’s really such an annoyance to You, You might want to consider using a Script.

Recreating the whole Image Size-dialog window would probably be a bit cumbersome, but if You really only want to resize with percents a much simpler dialog (possibly with only one entry-field) might suffice.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 17, 2010 5:10 AM   in reply to BoekMarc

What You or I assume »must be simple« is not necessarily so programming-wise …

Why would a Script not be a »real working option«?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 17, 2010 8:41 AM   in reply to BoekMarc

Well, fortunately I don’t have to share my station and rarely have to work on someone else’s, but I do have a USB-stick with my Presets, Scripts, Configurator Panels, etc. nonetheless, because I don’t want to lose any of that stuff in any freak hard disc-mishaps.

Anyway, when trying to perform some tasks efficiently with Photoshop it seems difficult to me to avoid Scripts … but I guess opinions differ on that matter.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 27, 2010 5:45 AM   in reply to BoekMarc

Not to worry, I do have the Presets backed up on a hard-drive, too.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points