• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

EmulateIE7 meta tag and cfform incompatibility

Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2009 Aug 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a large number of sites which do not work correctly with IE8 because of compatibility issues.  We find that this removes the problem IF and ONLY if it is the first tag after the <head> tag:

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" >

The problem is that a huge number of these pages also use <cfform> which plugs <script> lines immediately after the <head> tag so that the meta tag is ignored.

How do I stop ColdFusion from doing this without editing a huge number of files to make them work using <form> instead of <cfform>!?

Is there a way of to edit the template that is inserted so that it inserts the <meta> tag along with the <script> tags?

This is extremely critical to our operation and right now it looks like a huge reprogramming task.

I'd like a more rational solution if anyone has it!

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Aug 04, 2009 Aug 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I could be wrong, but I do not think there is a non-hackish solution.  AFAIK, the default html forms are generated directly from a java class. So there is not template to modify. I believe only format="xml" uses a kind of 'template' in the form of xsl files in the C:\ColdFusion8\wwwroot\CFIDE\scripts\xsl directory.

Assuming you have tried other methods without success, you might be able to trick CF by setting the header inside a custom tag. Not a great solution, but it should work.

http://www.coldfusionjedi.com/index.cfm/2007/9/3/ColdFusion-custom-tag-for-layout-example

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation