Skip navigation
deedotsky
Currently Being Moderated

Help drawing curved line - please!!!

Aug 5, 2009 9:36 AM

Seriously, I can't find a tool to draw a curved line in PSE 6!  I was told to use the "pen tool" but I can't find it.  I was told to make the selection right clicming on Pencil and has no options other than for a freehand drawing with the mouse.  The "shapes" tool will only give me a straight line.  What the heck am I missing?

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 5, 2009 9:43 AM   in reply to deedotsky

The pen tool is only in Photoshop, not elements. You can draw freehand with the brush or pencil tools (you can  put something on a separate layer below and trace the edge if you need help), or you can draw a selection with the elliptical marquee tool, go to Edit>Stroke (outline) selection to color it, then erase the parts you don't want.

The custom shape tool draws many shapes. It sounds like you have the line tool selected. Hold down its icon in the toolbox and you'll see several other tools in there. The polygon tool with the rounded corners option turned on will draw circles, although it's not supposed to.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 5, 2009 9:09 PM   in reply to deedotsky

If you have a scanner, draw your curved line(s) and scan it.

You could also try using the Shear filter. However, this is not as good as the options Barbara gave you as the line will degrade when it is distorted by the filter.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2010 3:44 AM   in reply to Terri_F

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)