Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adding Closed Captioning to Single Text Caption (Version 4)

Aug 6, 2009 6:22 AM

I have created a CBT that has a number of audio files that now require Closed Captioning. However, rather than having the "blanket" audio file for the entire slide, each text caption on each slide has its own audio file.

Is it possible to add closed captioning to a single text caption audio file? I know it is possible for a "blanket" audio file, but I need to do it for single text captions. If not, does anyone know of a work around to this issue?

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 6, 2009 6:32 AM   in reply to tnewland82

Hey there,

No unfortunately it isn't. In order to use CC text is has to be added to the Slide rather than an individual object. The only workaround I can think of would be add audio files containing silence to each of your slides, this should then enable you to add the CC text.

If you feel that you should be able to use CC's with objects such as Captions then please file an enhancement request using the web address I have included below.

Adobe Captivate Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Best - Mark

Visit the macrofireball blog

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 7, 2009 7:45 AM   in reply to tnewland82

Hi there

This is the first time I have ever used CC so I could just be lost, but would appreciate any and all help

So you may not realize that the CC doesn't simply appear on its own during playback. You (or more accurately, your user) must first click the CC button to make the CC area appear.

Or, with Captivate 4, you can use an advanced action to open the CC area automagickally.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status