Skip navigation
Andrejnalin
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Reader mobile on WinMo 6.1 cannot open certain pdf files

Aug 9, 2009 5:30 AM

I am trying to open certain pdf files on my Omnia 6.1 with Adobe reader mobile, and some can be opened, but for some the Reader quits without opening them. It loads the first procedures, but fails to open the files. Also, these files cannot be seen in the reader's browser. What's the cause of this and how can it be fixed?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 3, 2009 5:52 AM   in reply to Andrejnalin

Hello, where to download adobe reader for WinMo 6.1 ? Thanks, Jose (Samsug I8000)

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2009 7:22 AM   in reply to Andrejnalin

Big fan of adobe - however adobe reader le 2.5 on windows mobile 6.1 and 6.5 has done my head in. No page rotation, no reflow and as per your problem not opening all files. I have all these problems on my Omnia II and there are no solutions out there that work apart from installing the adobe reader for PPC which quite frankly is ugly and shite.

FIX - Install foxit reader from www.foxitsoftware.com sorts all the above problems

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 26, 2009 4:36 PM   in reply to Andrejnalin

you have to open the adobe reader first from its installed folder, leave it open, then you go to your files explorer of windows 6.1 then try to open it.

it works for my omnia

but if you have figured out other solutions please inform, thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 10, 2009 3:17 PM   in reply to cloretskk

Ok Cloretskk, that works great for me. I was unable to open "email" pdf attachments by clicking on them.

Now this brings me one step closer to my original problem: I can't save email pdf attachments on my samsung epix i907 with WM 6.1 ppc on ATT network, and I can't even find where they are located on my ppc. I have used Resco File Explorer search and can't find where they are. And I see no Adobe Reader menu item where I can do a "save as" to put it into a folder on the ppc.

I've called ATT to see if they block saving email attachments and the agent said she would research it and get back to me. Never got back.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points