Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Why does Flash CS4 Slow to a crawl when any ActionScript file is linked?

Aug 11, 2009 7:05 AM

I have removed all unnecessary library import locations from preferences (makes no difference), but as soon as I link an Actionscript 3 file to a .fla, then that AS file just becomes a torrid nightmare to edit. My system is not the greatest (Intel Pentium D 3.4 GHz dual core, and graphics card is an ATi Radeon X1950 4GB Ram running Vista Business), but even Crysis runs better than this on here. The application is ~3.5 seconds behind my text/mouse input even if both .fla and .as files are completely new and empty (just freshly saved to a common folder). If I tab to the Flash file everything runs with alacrity ergo-no problem in the flash environment.

I am running Adobe Flash CS4 Professional 10.0.2

It all works very well and publishes great. Just editing is postal I'm afraid. Hope it is something simple.

Best regards

Replies
  • kglad
    72,261 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 5, 2010 3:23 PM   in reply to Neil Buchan

it's always smart to insult people from whom you're seeking help.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 19, 2013 12:00 PM   in reply to Neil Buchan

Flash CS4 was super slow for me on my office win 7 machine. After a few days' of struggle, it turned out to be some corrupted fonts. I tried the "Reset default font settings" in Win 7, and also moving all fonts out and putting them back in (didn't test to see which worked.) Now Flash is working decently.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2013 1:05 PM   in reply to AhanOSU

After 3 years this thread emerges from the Grave. Happy Birthday.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2013 1:14 PM   in reply to moccamaximum

I was just trying to help others who might be as miserable as I was... I didn't find anything helpful around, but fortunately remembered doing the same thing a few years back. I do work on Chinese characters a lot.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points