Skip navigation
DYnamicLiv
Currently Being Moderated

Color Replacement tool doesn't replace color

Aug 12, 2009 12:59 PM

Our company just purchased Element 7 we purchased this product after Trialing  Element 6 -  Reason we purchased it,is to use color replacment tool  to change the colors on some of our products.

In Element 6 the Color replacment tool worked great. When we purchased Element 7  if I try to replace color using the color replacement tool it just doesn't work. Instead of the color I choose it gives me a lighter color.

Example: I tried replacing the color White #FFFFF  with color  Brown # 74543f  but instead of brown I get the color Tan  e6c6b1

What am I doing wrong??? can anyone help  We purchased this program for this reason to use color replacement.  Is this something Adobe changed and didn't state. thank you

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 12, 2009 1:08 PM   in reply to DYnamicLiv

You aren't doing anything wrong. The color replacement tool doesn't work like a normal brush. If you have a very light hued color that you're replacing, the replacement hue will change but the color won't be stronger. This tool is pretty broken in PSE 7, unfortunately, but there are plenty of other ways.

You can use Replace Color, the smart brush, a hue/saturation adjustment layer, etc.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 8, 2010 10:17 AM   in reply to Barbara B.

Hi -

I have photoshop elements 7 for windows 7 64-bit

I had the same problem that i am trying to replace a green in a logo with black but it gives me gray instead.   Barbara B: could you please explain how to use "replace color" as you have referenced?  that sounds to me like the same as the failed color replacement tool but is it something different?

I tried to use the smart brush-lipstick tool but that didn't work.

please help?  Thank you!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 8, 2010 10:54 AM   in reply to EuserN

> Barbara B: could you please explain how to use "replace color" as you have referenced?

Not sure I understand. My suggestion was to use another way, like a targeted hue/saturation adjustment layer (select what you want, new hue/sat layer, change the sliders). Color replacement tool has been broken for several versions, but Adobe doesn't seem to care much, and I can kind of understand that, since there are so many other ways to do it.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)