Skip navigation
DavidInter1234
Currently Being Moderated

I cannot find/delete PDF files, where are stored the files ?

Aug 16, 2009 10:20 AM

I cannot locate the PDF files (consupting memory and more memory !). The PDF files are not stored in ANY VISIBLE folder (internal memory or card), and I cannot delete the files using the PDF Reader application !! unbelievable !!. Adobe ... what can I do ?????

Telephone: N95

Application: Adobe Reader LE 1.5

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 19, 2009 12:18 PM   in reply to DavidInter1234

you must check you system or restore first, and after that you will find adobe app has been remove. Or check some virus on your handphone, try ansav antivirus for cleaning.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 25, 2009 7:47 PM   in reply to DavidInter1234

Sorry I don't have an answer for you.  I have the same problem.  I am using Adobe Reader 8 and want to remove a PDF file that's on it.  Can find no option in the app to do that, nor any info in the HELP.  I also cannot find the document on my C drive.

This is very frustrating.   I googled and found many, many posts offering help to remove the entire Adobe Reader program.  Like you, that's not what I want to do. (Although at this point I may just take that route anyway.)  I found one other poor soul at another geek forum who had also asked how to delete file on Adobe 7 way back in 2007.  The only answer provided there was some kind of command line action that was too geeky for me to figure out.  Her either I suspect.

Is this some geeky secret they just don't want to reveal, or, as I suspect, a big, stupid mistake in Adobe software programming that nobody want to own up to or write a fix for?

I'm getting increasingly frustrated with computer problems these days.  And yeah, I know it would all just be much easier if I became a geek, but that's not gonna happen.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 19, 2009 9:36 PM   in reply to DavidInter1234

smartintjose wrote:

Use a mobile file explorer to find out the hidden or non reachable PDF files and folders in Nokia phones .

Ah.  I see I posted to an incorrect thread.  I did not notice this was about Adobe for mobile phones.  I had been hunting for help in reference to the Adobe app on my PC.  So this is not an answer that is of any help to me.   Sorry for the confusion.  Thanks for taking the time to answer, smartintojose.  Hope it helps the others here.

Liz 1388

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 26, 2010 6:18 AM   in reply to DavidInter1234

How can I delete a few of the pdf files that are in my Adobe LE viewer list?  There HAS to be a way to delete them.  I accidentally downloaded 4 of the same exact file and I only need to store one of them.  How can I delete the other 3 files?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 26, 2010 6:45 PM   in reply to TheLohnesLink

Sorry, I posted my question on this a LONG time ago and no one ever

responded with a solution on how to do it.  If you find the answer

elsewhere, please post.  Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2010 9:54 AM   in reply to DavidInter1234

I was able to delete them by connecting my phone through USB to my PC and

deleting the files from there.

General instructions:   click on "USB connected" on the cell phone, it asks "do you want to mount this device?" - say 'yes'.  Then you will be able to see all files (not just pdf's) that are on your phone and delete them on the PC screen.  Then 'unmount' the cell phone from the PC and it should be all set.

I do not know how to find any files other than pdf's on my cell phone.  I do this through an application that came on my phone called "PDF Viewer".  When my phone was connected to my PC, I did see that there were other files on my phone (like pictures, a scanned document .mdi file, etc.) but I do not know how to find these files using just my cell phone.  "PDF Viewer" was pre-loaded on my cell at time of purchase - it's apparently a part of "QuickOffice" which is another application that came with my phone.  But when I was connected to my PC, I could delete all files that I wanted to - not just the .pdf files.

Hope this helps.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2010 7:04 PM   in reply to TheLohnesLink

My cell phone doesn't have that application option.  It's pretty basic since

I use it only rarely.

Weird that one can only delete files from Adobe using a phone!  LOL

Thanks for the info though.

E

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 25, 2011 10:22 AM   in reply to DavidInter1234

Dear David... I have a HTC EVO4 android I have the same problem can't delete peg files from phone... In the android market I found a. SD Card Manger...... made by..... apps4u@android it works.. I had to rename per file to know which one to delete. But I removed bookmarks and pdf file speed up phone greatly... I hope this works for u.... It took 15 min to get a screen name... I may never b back n... Good luck.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 3, 2012 1:17 AM   in reply to Liz1388

Insert you memory card into a pc and search ".pdf" in all folders

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers