Skip navigation
BC1203
Currently Being Moderated

Converting Word Doc to writable PDF

Jul 31, 2008 4:00 PM

Is it possible to convert a Word 2003 doc into a writable PDF? I'm not very tech savvy and have tried everything I can think of. Please help!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 31, 2008 4:18 PM   in reply to BC1203
    Hello BC1203,

You can certainly do this via Acrobat.com.

Upload your word document to SHARE (2nd last item to the right, light blue) on Acrobat.com. Once it is uploaded, click on the "Create PDF" tab at the top of your screen. Under "Choose a file to convert to Adobe PDF" select the "From Acrobat.com" option. Drag your file from SHARE into the designated box, then click "Create PDF". The PDF version of the document will appear in SHARE, and you can instantly e-mail it to anybody, or download it back to your computer.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 4, 2008 1:26 AM   in reply to BC1203
    Hello BC1203,

This is a limitaton not in Acrobat.com but in Adobe Reader.
    If you want to save changes made to a PDF (including information you entered), you need the full version of Acrobat on your machine to do that.

Kind regards,

Philipp Taprogge

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 18, 2008 6:28 PM   in reply to Patrick Leckey
    Thank you for the instruction, however I am now trying to download my pdf file to my computer or to my flash drive so I can send it to my University for review. Help!! :-)

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 19, 2008 8:55 AM   in reply to BC1203
    When you log into Acrobat.com SHARE, click on your PDF document to open it in preview. Near the top right-hand corner there is a button that says "Download" (just to the right of the "My Files" button and below the "New" button), which will allow you to download the file to your computer.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points