Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS4: How do I cycle through FONTS?

Aug 22, 2009 12:39 PM

I have a bear of a project where I have to match different fonts w/ different "logos", and being able to highlight the font, and then use the font menu and, maybe, the up/down arrow keys would make my life infinitely easier.

This works in InDesign.. and every other program on Earth... is there ANY way to do this in Illy CS4?

tx,

e

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 22, 2009 1:52 PM   in reply to JungleNYC

Works for me in Illy.  I do it all the time.  Might need to check your setting and/or reinstall Illy.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 22, 2009 4:00 PM   in reply to RJStalker

Arrow keys work on a Windows system.

On a Mac.. there's no such feature. It's been requested over and over and over. But currently there is no way to scroll through the font list and see text on an artboard change.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 22, 2009 8:03 PM   in reply to JungleNYC

Seriously.. just doesn't work on a Mac. It's been mentioned for years, literally, but it's never been implemented on the Mac.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 11, 2011 4:05 PM   in reply to JungleNYC

Wordmark.it previews a word of your choice with the fonts installed on your computer. You scroll through your options, select the ones you like, check them out on dark background, etc. It works directly from your browser and helps more than the up/down arrow keys.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 29, 2012 9:13 AM   in reply to JungleNYC

It's "CONTROL right or left bracket" The text should be highlighted and the font name in the list should be highlighted first. Then you can do it.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2012 10:51 AM   in reply to CussinSailor

doesn't work on mac

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 27, 2013 2:22 PM   in reply to JungleNYC

Works in Illy CS6 on Mac. Select yout text then click in the font pull down menu and use up & down arrow keys.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 27, 2013 3:06 PM   in reply to 4jpowell

It was implemented for CS6. On the Macintosh platform, only CS6 will allow the arrow keys to cycle through fonts. No previous version has this feature on the Mac.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points