Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements for Snow Leopard?

Aug 27, 2009 Aug 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on compatibility testing results reported on the web, Photoshop Elements 6 does not work with Snow Leopard http://brainstormtech.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2009/08/26/snow-leopard-warning-your-apps-may-crash/.

Is there any information on an upgrade or new release?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All those articles appear to be based on that one silly wiki entry.  If you try restoring from time machine after doing a system restore, PSE will crash in leopard, too, so I don't put any faith in that. You just can't do that with Elements, no matter which version of OS X you're using.

It remains to be seen, but if CS3 works, as many people have reported it does, it's hard to see why PSE won't, also. There are several people planning to try it out tomorrow, so you just need to wait a day or so to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input. I've been doing this long enough to know that being on the bleeding edge is no fun, just blood.

I plan on waiting for the first update of Snow Leopard (10.6.1) and monitoring the Apple forum before I upgrade. In the meantime I'm going through all my applications and checking the status. Most are OK and I only had to spend $ on one.

Again thanks for your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, we have at least one intrepid volunteer:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/483021?tstart=30

I won't have a chance to pick up SL until next week, but I'll post the results when I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2009 Aug 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am heading to the apple store at 10 am to get my copy of leopard

I use PSE almost every day since photos are my hobby.

My plan based on what I have reading is to completely uninstall PSE from my macbook first, then run the snow leopard update, and once done re-install PSE

I hope this will work!

I'll let you know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of people over at dpreview.com are reporting it's working just fine for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just came back from the Apple Store in Houston, TX

They had PSE installed and running OK in 3 macbooks.

I played with it for about 5 minutes in each machine and as far as I could see everything was working perfect

I got my copy and I am planning to install it this evening once I get home from work.

Let others know your experiences please, but so far the indicators after what I saw are great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update. I just ordered 10.6 from Amazon. Been reading the info on the Apple Snow Leopard forum and most "normal" upgrades from 10.5 seem to go fine. Will likely wait a few weeks since I'm parnoid about SW.

I'm likely bullet proof. I have three HD's on my MAC PRO and two are clones of my working drive using SuperDuper. When it comes to SW there is no such thing as too paranoid.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2009 Sep 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed both Snow Leopard and the update 10.6.1 and Elements 6 continues to crash immediately when I try to open a file. if anyone has a solution, it would be much appreciated. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did it work prior to the 10.6.1 update? How did you update to Snow Leopard? Did you restore PSE from time machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, my problems began with 10.6. I installed 10.6 directly from my Snow

Leopard disk and PSE was a preexisting app on my Mac.

2009/9/13 Barbara Brundage <forums@adobe.com>

Did it work prior to the 10.6.1 update? How did you update to Snow Leopard?

Did you restore PSE from time machine?

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to your userame>library>preferences and delete:

com.adobe.Photoshop.Elements.plist

Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 settings

Adobe Photoshop Elemetns 6 paths

Opera Preferences

Repair permissions and try again. If it still crashes go to applications>PSE 6> plug-ins>import/export and delete the Adobe TWAIN driver (if you have an Epson scanner it may stop working after you do this.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but I may have found another solution. I updated my VMWare Fusion,

which I use to run XP on my Mac, to their new Snow Leopard 2.0.5 version,

and after installing that and rebooting it, both Photomatix Pro, which was

also crashing, and Elements 6 are now working - no crashes.

If the problem resurfaces I shall try your suggestion.

2009/9/13 Barbara Brundage <forums@adobe.com>

Go to your userame>library>preferences and delete:

>

com.adobe.Photoshop.Elements.plist

Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 settings

Adobe Photoshop Elemetns 6 paths

Opera Preferences

>

Repair permissions and try again. If it still crashes go to

applications>PSE 6> plug-ins>import/export and delete the Adobe TWAIN driver

(if you have an Epson scanner it may stop working after you do this.)

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. I also use Fusion, but had no problems with PSE during the time I had snow leopard installed. Anyway, I'm glad it's working. Thanks for letting us know what worked for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2009 Aug 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And...it's good to see that the original Wiki page that started the FUD (http://snowleopard.wikidot.com/) has been updated to show that all is OK. (Well, other than that restore from Time Machine which has nothing to do with SL)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2009 Sep 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a unibody macbook 13" I did a clean install of snow leopard and installed Photoshop 6 for mac. Got this error of license unavailble. I went to my old mac backup and installed the license from there library/preferences/FLEXNet Publisher/FLEXnet and replaced the .data file.

I reenter my activation code and all set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2009 Sep 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, thank you all for your ultra rapid response. Confidence restored.

I am away to Greece where I hope there will be many photo opportunities. I will see what the situation is when I return.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not posted here before but I had tested the down load version of Elements 6 on my Leopard system and then having found that it did operate, I bought the software. Meanwhile I installed OSX10.6 and lo...... surprise surprise.... Elements 6 does not install claiming a 'payload issue'.

I could rant and rave but would simply prefer to remain calm but enormously irritated.

Am I to assume that Apple and Adobe don't speak to each other in the 21st Century?I thought there was sensible exchange of beta product and agreements between companies.

I guess we will now have to wait and see when these two large companies remember who pays them and fix the issue or at least makes it plain what is intended..... but I feel rather soundly stuffed.

I do wonder whether the parties concerned actually care.

John O

imac in the UK...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an automatic response generated by your recent e-mail, as I am away from my desk for a few days. I will respond as necessary when I return. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Your problem should not be specific to Snow Leopard upgrade but should be related to the known issue of PSE 6.0 on Mac.

Check the below link. It should help:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/403/kb403796.html

Cheers,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well thanks for that - someone does care. I've started the process as I have had to download the demo to get to the unistall. The sad thing was that having bought the disc from Apple, I tried to enter the numbers on the first trial version I had... and a red cross appeared... which is why I then tried to install from the disc and got the payload issue flagged.

I will be doing what you have suggested - as per the references - and will then clean instal.

I crudely 'deinstalled' by deletion - which I know does not work but it might show the state of mind that one gets to when you have an upgrade from Apple that looses your printers, causes half your apps not to work and then won't let you tap in the licence numbers into a demo version of Adobe Elements.... and that is just the list so far.

There must be a better way!

THANK YOU and I will let you know whether the unistall route works or not....

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The failure to accept serial numbers in a trial is nothing whatever to do with Snow Leopard. You can never enter serial numbers into the trial version of PSE, unless you purchase the serial number via the buy it now button in the trial. If you didn't use the trial's uninstaller I'm afraid you may find some problems installing the retail version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2009 Sep 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed PE 6 and it seems to be working - almost. I have two problems:

a) I can't get PE to recognize my Canon Lide30 scanner. I won't load the ScanGear plugin. Here's my System Info from PE:

ScanGear CS 7.0.1X  NO VERSION -  - from the file “/Applications/Adobe Photoshop Elements 6/Plug-Ins/ImportModules/ScanGear CS 7.0X”

b) When I tried updating PE by installing updates from the Adobe website, the installer shows an error when installing CS3 updates and  "Adobe Camera Raw 4.6 Update". It says the Updater is unable to locate the product to be updated!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 09, 2009 Sep 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know about your scanner problem, except that you'll need to run PSE in rosetta to get that plugin working. Did you install Rosetta? It's not automatic in 10.6.

The adobe updater never updates anything but adobe reader, regardless of your operating system. Just turn it off. If you mean you downloaded the PS version of ACR (why such an antique one?), you can't run that installer in PSE. Get 5.4, which is the latest version, here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4523

and scroll down to read the instructions for installing in PSE. Follow them EXACTLY.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2009 Sep 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Rosetta when I tried running Quicken 5, so it should already be in play here.

As for installing PSE6, I installed a new copy onto my Mac, then ran "Help | Updates...." to see if what I had just installed had any updates and it did. I followed the on-screen directions and tried to install everything it said I should, but "Adobe Camera Raw 4.6" will not complete the installation process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines