Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

missing plugin  SMD DB/channels  does anyone know it?

Aug 30, 2009 10:40 PM

I have an indesign file with a placed EPS which shows an error, and when opening get a warning that I 'should not open' the file...

The missing plugins are shown here (smd db model and smd channels model)...

I dont know anything much about plugins, but have never had a similar message before and a google search does not show any results. 

Can anyone enlighten me?

Attachments:

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 31, 2009 12:24 AM   in reply to p taz

The first google hit (german sort order) took me to a swiss / german language site

http://www.hilfdirselbst.ch/foren/Plugin_SMD_Channels_Model_P400673.ht ml?#400673

Next obvious query is YTD InDesign, which leads you to a product called "Yours Truly Designer" from HP.

Searching the HP site is a pain, apparently they never heard of Search Engine Optimization.

The closest in content pages that I found are press releases announcing YTD for CS2, and a $2640 course for HP Indigo Front End Tools.

Also related:

http://www.b4print.com/general-prepress/yours-truly-designer-for-hp-in digo/

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 1, 2009 12:18 AM   in reply to p taz

Basically you are right, just that scripts are a different category. Plugins can add their own "persistent data" to the document.

To remove the message and all irritating data, export to IDML (or INX if you're using older versions) and rebuild the document from that export.

As this is the place where plugin developers hang out, let's take a mental note to:

- add appropriate "IgnoreTags" resource so the users are not bothered by that dialog.

- maintain a "ExtraPluginInfo" resource with readable ( non localized ) strings

- test without the plugin!

But of course we all knew that

Dirk

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points