Skip navigation
lesleytrahan
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Photoshop CS4 has stopped working

Aug 31, 2009 10:38 AM

I recently purchased and installed Adobe CS4 Design Premium for my new sony vaio LV. Right away I noticed that Photoshop and Bridge do not have the proper logos in the application list. Once I opened Photoshop (64 bit) It seemed to work fine. I opened and image file, but when I tried to add and edit text, the program became inactive and Windows popped up to say that the program had stopped working. Windows then checks for a solution to the problem, determines nothing and does not present an error report. I can't seem to keep the program open long enough to perform even one task. I saved/attached 2 screen shots in word.

Attachments:

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 31, 2009 12:15 PM   in reply to lesleytrahan

Looks like a bad install.

I would remove Photoshop, using the Control Panel; run the CS4 clean script and re-install.

CS4 Clean Script.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 31, 2009 11:34 PM   in reply to lesleytrahan

I agree with John. A bad install is the most likely cause. From the looks of it, none of the programs related to 64bit PS seems to have been installed/ configured correctly, so things inevitably go haywire. Running the clean script and re-installing seems advisable.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2009 9:14 PM   in reply to Mylenium

Could a bad install explain why mine has "stopped working"? I've had to install it twice because I keep getting that message, and I've had to re-install it twice because of having to do a couple system recoveries. I'm tired of calling Adobe to tell them that I need to re-register my software! I don't understand why I keep getting that message.

And, fwiw, if I first open the non-64bit version, then close it, the 64bit version will open without that message. What gives? I've also run the cleaner, and that helped for a little while, but started getting the error again.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2009 11:28 PM   in reply to TanBrae

It's probably a problem with the licensing service in your case.

Have a look at this Knowledge Base article to seee if it helps:

http://www.adobe.com/go/kb405970.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points